Please help - Connect miniDV camcorder

charlie333

Novice Member
How do I connect older Panasonic mini DV camcorder to either my Samsung QLED smart TV or Sony 4K DVD player (which has one USB Connection)? Normally, I would connect camcorder via FireWire cable to my HP PC. Can I just connect without going via my OC?

charlie333

Novice Member
How do I connect older Panasonic mini DV camcorder to either my Samsung QLED smart TV or Sony 4K DVD player (which has one USB Connection)? Normally, I would connect camcorder via FireWire cable to my HP PC. Can I just connect without going via my OC?
**going via my PC

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Model numbers of all devices is required rather than just brands.

Joe

charlie333

Novice Member
Here are the model numbers -

Samsung QLED Q70R TV and Panasonic NV-GS500 Leica Dicomar Camcorder and Sony UBP-X800 DVD player.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Cheers.

Samsung - you would think by now they could have hired a team to produce a TV User Manual which actually made some sense and actually referred to the model you purchased!

Camcorder - I suspect you will struggle to get it to work via USB to the TV or Disc Player.

Camcorder - could send video to the TV via Composite video but that will look pretty rough.

Streamer - assuming you don’t want to always have to use the Laptop as the Streamer you can either add a NAS (and store recordings to the NAS) plus a Media Streamer or go with a Media Streamer which can read the memory card from the Camcorder.

NAS - choose carefully and it could network directly with the TV and the TV becomes your streamer.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Not unless the device at the USB end is configured to control and playback from your Camcorder.

You really don't want to be continually playing back your 'original' recorded tapes on the Camcorder as you risk damaging the tapes and or the camcorder - get the content digitised, keep the tape safe and stream the digitised content from a NAS which is compatible with your TV.

Alternatively get the tapes transferred to DVD, either a DIY project or professionally, and play back from your disc player.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom