1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help Component to Composite

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by hector7869, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hector7869

hector7869

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I was wondering if there was anything out there that would allow you to convert a component to a composite signal. And if there is, is there anything that would allow you to do a component in and a component out also with a composite or s-video out at the same time.

Thanks for your help
    :thumbsup:

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    May I ask why? Composite is really poor, in particular when comparing to component.

A lot of newer AV amps/receivers have a video up- and down-conversion feature. This might also suit the above (depending what you need it for).

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I havn't found anything that will convert component to a "lower" video form as I wanted to convert component to S-Video.

The main reason for doing something like this is if your display doesn't have a component input you can down-convert a component signal to S-Video which may be more practical. I havn't come across any video equipment that can't output a composite picture as standard though.

4. hector7869

hector7869

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Reason I want to do this is because I have a video capture device with only s-video or composite in so i have a component from my xbox and my current reciever doesn't down convert.