1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help - cleaning hitachi pjtx

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yoskiwoski, Jun 7, 2005.

1. yoskiwoski

yoskiwoski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    hello all, has anyone opened up a tx10 or 100 ? my pjtx10 has got some dust blobs appeared and i want rid of 'em, hitachi want to charge £200 to clean it, i have noticed a few people doing this them selves any info would be appreciated.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    The TX100 by all accounts is difficult to open up. I also remember reports that Hitachi themselves compromised the optical lens shift mechanism when putting the cover back on.

Can't recall anyone mentioning the TX10 in this respect.

Have you tried blowing compressed air in every orifice? :D

Most people do this first, helped by removing the air filter. I wonder if removing the bulb too will allow some more access?

Good luck!...PJ :)

3. yoskiwoski

yoskiwoski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    thanx for reply, yeah i be blowin in every hole , i think that has actually shifted more infront of panel, good idea i will try and take bulb out. i want to take the top off try like that though i'm not sure which screws to undo to get the top off!

do you know if it will be obvious which bit is the lcd panel?