Question Please help choosing the right projector for me!

Glasgow

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I will be grateful for any help and tips. I have an old projector set up (sim2 connected by component to AV box) which I am replacing. It is a large room (7 meter to the screen) and very, very dark. The screen is motorised and 110 inches.

I have got a quote from a local firm to do the job (replacing the AV box, projector and remote system. He is also using what he calls a Balum and CAT 6 to connect it all up).

I have researched the following projectors
Sony VPL 45ES (the firm is quoting 2100+VAT)
Sony VPL 65ES (I can get on internet for 2500)
Epson 7300 (the firm is quoting 2100+VAT)

I am having trouble choosing the right projector. The projector is used for watching movies only. Not interested in 3D as such and I hardly have any time to play any games on it. I really want good colour and deep blacks. It is never used in light conditions and always in pitch black room. I have heard that JVC have excellent black but my budget for the projector is maximum 2600.

Any comments and advice is much appreciated

S

For your budget you can get an Epson 9300 with a £100 to spare.

Thanks Trojan
Is Epson 9300 substantially better in terms of picture quality (particular black levels) in comparison to Sony 65ES?

Thanks Trojan
Is Epson 9300 substantially better in terms of picture quality (particular black levels) in comparison to Sony 65ES?
Sorry I can't help you with that as I haven't seen the Sony. I'm sure someone who has will comment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom