• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please help... can't switch from HDMi mode on my V+, 'cos my HDTV is broken!

DejayT

Standard Member
Could someone please take pity on me and send me the exact r/c key strokes in order to get my Virgin V+ box to the settings/display and audio menu and then to change output mode from HDMi720p to 4:3.
My hdtv was just collected for repair and as I forgot to switch to sd output I have no picture. Duh is me!

Thank you so much to whomever kindly does this for me.

tankymike

Standard Member
f you press the reset button and then hold down both the top button (left hand side) and the middle button (left hand side) for 45 seconds. I know its a bit cumbersome but after that 45 seconds as state above you can use the FFWD button to select "SD", The press ok (middle button right hand side) and after a minute or so the box should reboot itself. When it does it will now be outputting in SD/Scart format and you're good to
Unplug the box and press and hold UP + DOWN ke on the front while plugging the box back in.

DejayT

Standard Member
Hey thanks man... much obliged! TV back in my living room at last albeit only 14". It was only off for 4 hours but it was like having a leg cut off.
Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom