• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PLEASE HELP - Can no longer get onto xbox live games?!

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Here's the problem, last night i was on Xbox live as usual on fifa online playing friends etc.

Today i sign in to xbox live like usual, talk to my friend in chat, put FIFA 09 in, it signs me out of xbox live, i think hmm must be an update, sure enough it says an update is available would you liek to download, if you dont downlaod and cannot play on xbox live.
So i press to download and the progress bar doesn't move, and i get a message

'The update failed, please check your internet connection' etc etc

I thought oh it must be because it signed me out of live when i went on so i did the same thing again but this time before pressing on 'download update' i signed back into xbox live and tried but same thing happened.

I don't understand what the problem is, it cant be my internet connection as im on the dashboard fine etc, and the xbox is working fine on single player, xbox live is working fine on the dashboard but it cant seem to update games, and it seems every game needs updating no matter what game i try?!

PLEASE HELP :lease:

Last edited:

virtual22

Prominent Member
Here's the problem, last night i was on Xbox live as usual on fifa online playing friends etc.

Today i sign in to xbox live like usual, talk to my friend in chat, put FIFA 09 in, it signs me out of xbox live, i think hmm must be an update, sure enough it says an update is available would you liek to download, if you dont downlaod and cannot play on xbox live.
So i press to download and the progress bar doesn't move, and i get a message

'The update failed, please check your internet connection' etc etc

I thought oh it must be because it signed me out of live when i went on so i did the same thing again but this time before pressing on 'download update' i signed back into xbox live and tried but same thing happened.

I don't understand what the problem is, it cant be my internet connection as im on the dashboard fine etc, and the xbox is working fine on single player, xbox live is working fine on the dashboard but it cant seem to update games, and it seems every game needs updating no matter what game i try?!

PLEASE HELP :lease:

The exact same thing happened to me once and the only way I can describe it is that the update got stuck in the router. I turned it all off, gave it five minutes and then turned it all back on again and it updated fine after that.

markwww673

Prominent Member
check the cache on the xbox. Lots of people had problems with pes 09 demo failing and deleting the failed download sorted it for me. Its on the memory section of the system blade.

Mark..

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
check the cache on the xbox. Lots of people had problems with pes 09 demo failing and deleting the failed download sorted it for me. Its on the memory section of the system blade.

Mark..
Cheers il try that tonight . Last night i tried turning everything off and deleting demos but no luck.

danuk

Established Member
there's a big thread over on xbox.com in the forums about this problem. It has step by step guide to fix this if you need it.

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
I have jsut been on the phone to someone over at xbox for 2hours :thumbsdow

He took me to this link Xbox.com | How To - How To Get O.S. System Updates For Your Xbox 360

So basically he thinks if i update my 360 again it would work, we tried for 2 hours, i burnt 4 discs, we repeated our selfs time and time again.

But still no where i put the disc into my 360 and it just says 'mixed media disc' and i cant press on it, when it should come up as a update for my 360, i can only think i was downlaoding/burning it wrong.

But i tried downloading it and extracting the file then burning the folder onto a dvd disc, then i tried opening the folder and just burning the program onto a disc, neither worked.

After 2 hours he said he cant figure it out and i am gettinga call back within 48 hours.

Im so annoyed, for being on for 2 hours and getting no where, and the 1st time i rang xbox a bloke said i need to get onto NEDL about opening my modem and messing around with some settings, he didnt even mention this he wanted me to try a manual update!

Pjbrad87

Established Member
Now then Mate, Give me a ring on my house number... Lost me mobile :thumbsdow Got a suggestion... Al send ma number in Private msg!

Hopefully get the stupid thing Fixed :D

Pjbrad87

Established Member
Fixed... Tell you What danny your useless, I have it for an hour and wheyyy all working :smashin:

Now for a beating on fifa!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom