Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please help - bin bugging me for ages !

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Hawksight, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Hawksight

Hawksight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I know that lots of people on here are home theatre experts and have huge expensive setups but being a student i have to make do with what i can find......this time a computer subwoofer.

I have gradually built up my surround sound system hooked up to an amplifier and now was wondering about connections.

My old computer subwoofer has a 3 colour connection at the back that used to plug into my soundcard - 3 stereo plugs i think ?!?!

My amplifier has a phono subwoofer out.

Any ideas if it is possible to hook them up ???

PS. I already tried a ''stereo to 2xRCA phono'' cable with a 2 into one adaptor attached to both RCA plugs.....didnt work.....

Thanks in advance

2. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,600
    I am not sure this will work as sound cards tend to share more than one channel through each connection.

I have a SB Audigy 2 and it has 3 connections on the back but carries 7.1 channels of sound. The 'centre' and 'subwoofer' channels are both via a single jack plug.

If your sub doesn't have a single 'digital' input I don't think you will be able to use it. :(