Please help!...Bad Picture on my Samsung LE32R86WD

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by mrlondonlover, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mrlondonlover

mrlondonlover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Haven't had my Samsung LE32R86WD white LCD for more than a few months. The picture is very blocky and Grainy. I have not been impressed at all by the picture quality. I've taken it back to Currys and they're saying they wont replace but instead just gave me a Samsung telephone number to ring.

I've tried adjusting the settings to those displayed on this forum for my model LCD however the picture is till blocky and Grainy. I have bought expensive scart leads for it too to try and improve the pic yet it's still the same.

I have the LCD running into a PACE NTL 4000 Box....Can anyone advise on what else I can do to improve the picture. Do you think it's the PACE box which is causing such a blocky picture?

Please help.....pretty desperado here! Any help much appreciated.

2. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Without sounding like "I told you so..." the picture is just normal LCD blockyness. You will get a better picture if you feed it a HD source but dont expect miracles.

As for currys. They have sold you a product that is working as the original manufacturer intended.

3. mrlondonlover

mrlondonlover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeez if that is normal LCD blockyness then that's the last time I touch a Samsung LCD. The picture is a disgrace.

With regards to Currys...I personally feel the LCD is not fit for the purpose intended..ie..viewing...Pic is terrible!...Only bought it cos it had good reviews....Gutted!

4. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Well you will learn you cant always believe everything you read in magazines (and here form some people)

I have never been a fan of LCD screens as they are NOT as good and no amount of sales nonsense will ever convince me otherwise.

Use you own eyes when choosing a screen and try and stick to traditionally good make (pioneer,panasonic etc) dont trust these new korean led up-starts (LG,Samsung etc) as they are just not upto it

If I was giving advice I would tell you to buy a panasonic plasma 42"px70 they can be had for about £700 and wipe the floor picture quality wise with any lcd.

Last thing - dont touch the bravias either (dont belive the hype) thery suffer from blockiness too but have real issues with motion blur too!!!!

5. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Good grief,Baldybouncer,thats a strong anti Lcd opinion !

However,it is your opinion and I respect your right to hold it.

However,I am a big fan of Lcd and particularly Samsung. I would have the Pace box checked over and if that and the relevant connections are okay,then camp out on Currys doorstep untill they do something about what,imho,is an obviously faulty set.

My Sammy M8 is currently showing a clear,calibrated block free picture in normal daylight. This is typical of a well set up Lcd screen.

Good luck

KH

6. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    You may well be happy with the picture but it doesnt mean its correct.

I wouldnt waste time checking the pace box as the artifacts that have been described are just normal LCD problems.

Some people dont notice or arent bothered and if thats the case 'great'

LCD has alot of issues concerning the actual picture quality -
    blockyness being one of them especially with SD sources.
    - Fine someone may well throw screen burn at me about plasmas - which can happen if the screen is seriously abused but with a decent make and a bit of care when the screen is new this doesnt happen.

When I see an LCD that can rival the picture of a decent plasma I will change my opinion but until then I would never advise anybody to buy an LCD.

7. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
  8. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    How did you get on with currys about the screen?

9. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,271
    What a surprise. :rolleyes:

10. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Well we installed a 52" bravia LCD (2 of them actually - and I install AV for a living) recently for a footballer and I was horrified by the picture quality. He had his wii running on it and the motion blur was unbelievable.Seriously LCDs are getting worse...

11. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Getting worse? lmao. They have got much better over the years. I have an old samsung monitor with bad viewing angle and 25ms response time. Even at that ms I notice no motion blur.

My new Sony Bravia has much better colour, viewing angle and 8ms response time. My PS3 exhibits no motion blur. Sooo maybe you've just seen some god awful set ups? I agree LCD's are not as good as CRT for SD but frankly I think they are superb for HD. That's my opinion anyway.