• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please Help!! ASUS P8P67-M Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3??

bobdigi

Standard Member
Hi Guys
Any feedback would be hugely appreciated:

I'm interested in purchasing the following motherboard:

ASUS P8P67-M Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard (£97.88 inc. VAT)
to go with the following:
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850
Coolermaster Elite 430 Black with 500W PSU
2TB Spinpoint Ecogreen Internal HD
1 x extra led fan for the back of the case
+ probably I5 Quadcore cpu with 4gb of ram

Is it any good? Is there a better motherboard than this I can get for around the same price? I'm looking to build a highly competent PC. I mainly will be using it to browse, download and watch movies, sky player, iplayer on my TV monitor... I do a fair amount of multi tasking and usually have more than one page open... gaming isn't hugely important for me because i already got a station and 360.

xyzbird

Established Member
If I can get away with an Asus P8H67-M Evo, i5 2500 CPU, 8GB RAM, 300W Bequiet TFX PSU, RAID HDD setup, Sapphire HD5570 Graphics, LG GGW-H20L Blueray burner, D-Link DWA-556 wireless adapter, one case fan, then your choice is bound to be OK. Using Nero 10 to create AVCHD seems to be the only thing that makes the set up work hard with no problems. Not interested in fiddling around with motherboard settings (can't do overclocking etc). Asus AI Suite II indicates CPU Power = 2.5W most of the time rising to around 25W doing Nero. The Asus Suite also allows setting the case fan to a lower velocity reducing noise level - it can also be turned off which in my case does no harm.

I can run BBC iPlayer and play Blueray through HDMI to a Panasonic 42" plasma without any problems.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom