1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP ASAP - Z1 apart but need to know where to blow air

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hopdylan, Apr 24, 2003.

1. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you see the lcd panels? There should be three.
    How far apart have you got the thing?
    Are the optics exposed.

If you can see the lcd panels and can get the plastic tube/straw oattachment on the air duster into the gaps on both sides of the panels if possible. you can then press the air release button and give the thing a good blow.
    NB: Make sure the air duster can is kept in the upright position or fluid will squirt out the thing instead of air.
    I'd send a diagram but I can't get the things small enough despite mpeging them any ideas?

3. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, thats the problem i'm not actually sure what i'm looking at to be able to know where the lcd panels are - an image would be great, is it not possible to email when zipped up, if so my email is dylanhopkins@hotmail.com

Thanks

4. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopdylan it's late now.I'll send you a diagram of how my last two Pj's looked at least. I believe most lcd pj's have the same layout of three lcd panels. I'll send tomorrow evening.

5. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

6. LJT

LJT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopdylan. Sorry had a friend impose himself on me tonight.
    I found a Russian site last night which actually produces the service manuals for $10.00 (no Sanyo though)I sent the money for the panny 100 but can't get the bloody think to down load, as of yet.

As I searched last night I found this link
    http://sanyoservice.com/osb2/showitem.cfm?Category=15&Message=1&Unit=12&I1.x=78&I1.y=16

There's a list of model no's I'm not sure if there are any for your Z1 There might.be check your user's manual.
    Even so, when opened on a PDF there's a wealth of info and servicing diagrams and info for Sanyo PJ's. Go have a look it should give you some idea. When I get a chance I'll look for the appropriate diagram to help show you where to air blow.