1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help a Newbie!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by david.summers, Jul 29, 2005.

1. david.summers

david.summers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered a 2 different plasmas by my company - 1)LG-RZ42PX11 or 2)TH-42PE50, the main thing I would like to play a Xbox360 on which will display games in 720p mainly but a few in 1080i. I have heard of upscaling and stuff but will they display still in full screen? Which one would you knowlegable people say is the better choice???

Thank you in advance!!!
    Dave

2. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    Both plasma's have the same resolution and both will display full screen scaled 720p.My mate has a PW4 (Same resolution as the 2 plasma's you mentioned) and I've seen The Xbox Version of Freedom Fighters running in 720p and it looked Fantastic.

Microsoft have announced that you can access High Def modes on the Xbox360 by using the existing component high def kit,a VGA Kit released at launch and possibly a HDMI Kit which they might release in the future.As far as connecting a HD 360 modes to the 2 plasma's you mentioned, the component kit is the only method available on the PE50 due to the very basic connections it features.On the LG you'll be able to connect the HD feed Via Component.VGA and HDMI (using a HDMI-DVI adaptor) if it becomes available.

IMO, The LG has far better connectivity but the PE50 has better PQ,Reliability and Aesthetic looks.

3. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    Oh, BTW David, If you are in any doubt about which one I'd go for I'd always buy a panny plasma ahead of an LG of similar spec/price.This is purely my opinion based on seeing quite a few panny's and they always look fantastic.

4. david.summers

david.summers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for advice - I have requested the panny now!! BUt I have to wait until October to get it :boring: But there you go!!!! I just need a Cinema System to go with it!!!!

Thanks again!!!!