1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP a newbie connect everything correctly...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by wolvyj, Apr 15, 2005.

1. wolvyj

wolvyj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following kit I want to connect:-

Pioneer 435XDE Plasma
    Sky+
    Panasonic S97 DVD Player
    Marantz SR5300 Amp
    Kef KHT2005.2 speakers/sub
    Playstation 2
    Xbox

I have the KEFs and the sub wired up to the amp fine.
    I then have the Sky+ connected to the Pioneer media box via RGB scart and have set this on Sky to RGB - good picture being received.
    The sound from Sky+ is via digital optical cable to get 5.1 movies.

The panasonic DVD player is connected to the media box via HDMI for picture. Sound is provided via digital optical to the amp. Again this is working fine.

I am having problems with the sound from Xbox and Playstation. I have both connected to Pioneer Media Box via scart but I have no more inputs for Digital Optical on my amp and need this on the to get sound from PS2 and for Xbox to get surround sound.

Only way I get around this is to unplug cables and plug in consoles when I want to use these.

Is there anyway around this or a better way to connect it all and still get the best picture/sound? Have I connected everything the best way so far?

Is there an amp with 4 digital optical inputs?

Your help would be much appreciated as I am new to all this.

Regards,

Wolvy

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I have one of those for my DAB radio, Sky+, dvd Recorder and my X Box and it works well. The only thing you will have to do is get up and turn the wee dial at the top for the device you want to use.

There are however some scart selector boxes which for every scart it also has anologue audio connections and also an optical digital. I have seen one of these in argos for around 40 or 50 quid.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    Wolvy

Add the YUV Component cable kit to the PS2 and the Official High Def YUV pack to the X-Box - makes for better viewing/sound over the standard cable kits.

There are a few YUV switchers on the market - we distribute the Zektor range and an HDS4 will provide you with four YUV + Digital Audio sources to one Display and AV Receiver; all switched via IR and with no signal degradation.

See http://www.zektor.com/hds4/index.html

Best regards

Joe