Please help a confused person - Sony, Panasonic or Toshiba 32"

mat060572

Established Member
Reaction score
I presently own a Samsung LE32R73 but am exchanging it due to it having A CMO panel as opposed to the S-PVA.

My new panel will be used with a sony upscaling DVD player and Sky SD/HD.

On my shortlist I have the following

Sony KDL32V2500
Panasonic LXD70
Toshiba WLT68

Please can I have some views rather than trawl through millions of reviews, threads and posts.

Keen to know about their strengths with SD. As an example the Samsung is shocking with programmes like Eastenders.

Not in to games and stuff.

Thanks

I've a panasonic 26LXD600 and it handles SD better than any other lcd i've owned the direct replacement for its gonna be the LXD700,but i think you'd be best getting the LXD70 as its supposed to be great with SD+HD,but I've had a couple of panny's that buzzed.I'm gonna wait for the '700 but if the pictures not better than the '600 I'm gonna stick with it.(I've a 32R74 samsung CMO i'm stuck with?)

What is it with buzzing Panny's? Mine has just started after a week, not noticeable, at least I dont think so!

Ok so Panasonic - good performance but potential buzz. I had problems with a noisey Samsung so not keen to have to go down that route again.

I think its down to luck if you get a silent panny or one that buzz's my '600 silent,if you get or have one that buzz's get it changed to one that doesn't.(my '500 and the '52 buzzed from the minute they where turned on)

Was initially drawn to the Samsung N73, seemed a natural upgrade from the R73. I have looked at about 10 in shops and they have all been AMO, which is the AUO panel.

I am keen to get the S-PVA panel still and started thinking along the lines of 'jumping ship' and going for a Sony. The KDL32V2500 uses an S-PVA panel according to all the specs I've read.

As Samsung make these panels for Sony is there a possibility that they too are being manufactured by CMO or AUO before getting BRAVIA'D?

How could I check one - do these have any stickers or labels or is it a case of looking at the pixels as on the Samsung (although this proves quite difficult with a 32" panel).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom