Please Help a 5 year old little girl..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Natalie92, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Natalie92

Natalie92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Evening guys and gals.

I am posting this message on behalf of a friend who is looking to raise money in order to help a beautiful brave little girl in her fight with cancer. Anyway, here is the small story guys:

'my best friend has a girl who has a rare cancer called Neuroblastoma, she has been treated for a year or so now and things were going well, unfortunatley she has had a relapse and the cancer has come back, there is nothing more than UK doctors and hospitals can do, and they now need to raise a mind boggling £450,000 to get treatment in the USA.

I am begging and praying something can be done for Niamh, and just a donation as little as a £1 will be a big help to raise the funds for her treatment.

Here is a link to make a donation...niamhs next step - Home

you can also follow her progress on twitter : @niamhsnextstep

We really didnt want it come to this, but we are all desperate to help her.

Even if you can follow her on twitter it would be great.

If your in the UK simply text CURE50 followed by £1, £2, £5 or £10 to 70070. It's so easy and will help save our little girls life.

Many thanks for reading this and would appreciate any help, big or small.

Thanks guys....Lee'

I have already sent my donation and i am following her progress via the website. It doesn't matter how big or small but please please make a donation.

What annoys me is there are women who get boob jobs paid for by the NHS yet these families have to try to raise huge sums of money to save their own daughters life. Makes me sick but thats the UK for you.

Anyway, please can you get this message round to families, friends, other sites you are apart of etc, add the links to your facebook pages, twitter accounts etc etc.

A donation will be fantastic and it will be in the knowing you have done something in order to help brave little Niamh.

Thank you.

2. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Donated, lets hope it all works out and she gets better quickly.

3. Natalie92

Natalie92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Much appreciated thank you!!!

4. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    My heart goes out to this little girl and her family. But I would need to know more information about the clinic they plan to take her to in the US before I was able to donate (I looked on all the links and it just said that they were taking her for treatment in the US).

Just because a clinic is in the US and claims that they have a new treatment for cancer does not mean it will work. And there are clinics in the states that prey on families like this who are very vulnerable and would be willing to do anything to save their child. £450K sounds like a mind-boggling amount of money. Perhaps this is the cost a new treatment that has passed stage 3 clinical trials and has been independently verified to actually work. But it probably isn't.

One such clinic that has been accused of doing that kind of thing is the Burszynski clinic. They have been running "clinical trials" on antineoplaston therapy for over 30 years and have yet to show any independent proof that it works. This is what Cancer Research UK says about this technique: Cancer Research UK. To summarise they say it hasn't been independently shown to work. I would trust Cancer Research UK's view about this than the view of the clinic.

This is what another more highly qualified sceptic than me has said on the matter (and is a little bit more scathing about the clinc): The Quackometer

So there is a reason why the treatments from these types of clinics in the US aren't available on the NHS - they have never been proven to work so are not offered.

I really hope with all my heart that this little girl pulls through but I am afraid it is very unlikely to happen if she is treated using a clinic like this. Instead the parents will be given false hope. It would be much better to donate the £450K to Cancer Research UK or some similar organisation so they could fund research that will work (although I realise that this research could take years which the girl does not have time to wait for).

Sorry to pour scorn on this as I know you are only trying to do whatever you can do to try to save the girl.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. Natalie92

Natalie92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  6. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,980
    Done .Hope few more posters have the decency to make a donation and ignore the above poster