1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! 2 things happened on my Denon 3805!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bbasra, Mar 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I have had the Denon AVR-3805 for about 4 months now and then :

1. when i was playing streetfighter yesterday on the Xbox which is configured as PALl 60 from the video setup and connected via the Joytech cable as s-video and optical into the 3805. All of a sudden i started getting loads off white lines going accross the screen making the Xbox picture unviewable. I then tried a different souce on the amp and the picture was fine. Switched it back to the Xbox and the same white lines appeared. I then removed the game and the Xbox boot screen was also fine. I then changed the video setting from PAL 60 to PAL and re-inserted Street Fighter and everything was fine......... How can this happen all of a sudden when i have been using PAL 60 since i have had the amp.

2. This morning, i switched on my TV in the second room which is connected to the ZONE 2 (Left/Right and Svdieo) Outputs from the amp and i am not getting any sound whatsoever no matter even if i try outputing a different source into ZONE 2. I then diconnected the cable from ZONE 2 and connected it to the record out output on the amp and all is fine......... I can't get any sound from the Zone 2 Audio output, only Picture... how can this happen when nothing has changed...........

Spent all this money and this. Please HELP! :rolleyes:

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It is possible you have some static build up in the amp. The easiest thing to do is hold pure direct and direct under the front flap as you turn the 3805 on (not from standby). This will clear everything including your autosetup from the amp and any static. Just try your Xbox again and see what happens.

3. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks Eddy Boy..

I had some advice ealier on today to do the same thing you mentioned and woooola! Everything now seems okay......

Xbox is fine again on PAL 60 mode and also i now have sound again on Zone 2.....

How could did have happened? Static, you think so?

How often does one have to re-initailse their Denon AVR-3805.

Thanks

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It depends on power spikes etc. But generally you should only need to do it if it happens again or you alter something and end up with no picture/sound and can't fix it.

5. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I have all my AV equipment connected into a Belkin PowerSurge protector...... this should'nt really cause spikes should it?

This is confusing.

6. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes that should differently help. But if it does happen again you know what to do. The staic could be a result of Earthing between units like your Sub, which from what you are saying is also connected to your Belkin. But don't forget you can also effect this as humans can carry a static charge. I personally would not worry and just go on enjoying your system.