Question PLEASE HELP! £500 gaming pc

It's not saying the drivers are missing just need updates but dxdiag shows

Display memory (vram) 241MB

The sound works so it's just the issue of the gfx not working properly.

EDIT

there was a setting in bios I had to change

Settings/advanced/integrated graphics configuration
Uma frame buffer size change from 256M to 2G

But now it's showing I only have 6gb of ram instead of 8gb, can you tell I'm in over my head lol is that because I upped the gfx?

I don't think the integrated graphics memory scales to what it's doing. It just takes what's designated from the overall ram leaving you with 6gb for everything else.

After all the hassle you had I ended up buying a pre built with the 2400G. For my needs I'm impressed the just released Surviving Mars game is running at 1080p high settings and around 60fps.

It's not saying the drivers are missing just need updates but dxdiag shows

Display memory (vram) 241MB

The sound works so it's just the issue of the gfx not working properly.

EDIT

there was a setting in bios I had to change

Settings/advanced/integrated graphics configuration
Uma frame buffer size change from 256M to 2G

But now it's showing I only have 6gb of ram instead of 8gb, can you tell I'm in over my head lol is that because I upped the gfx?

what do you think that setting you changed in the BIOS does?

you are using integrated graphics.

you have now allocated 2GB of RAM for graphics instead of 256MB. so that is why you are now showing as 6GB of RAM. because the integrated GPU now has taken over the 2GB for it to use exclusively.

the reason for errors will be due to lack of VRAM which you have now increased.

you really need a dedicated GPU for proper gaming. also 2GB of VRAM and 8GB of memory isn't enough for AAA titles.

he will be able to play optimised games well as well as older titles.

the 2GB of VRAM will struggle especially since it's DDR, GPU's usually use a much faster ram called GDDR

what do you think that setting you changed in the BIOS does?

you are using integrated graphics.

you have now allocated 2GB of RAM for graphics instead of 256MB. so that is why you are now showing as 6GB of RAM. because the integrated GPU now has taken over the 2GB for it to use exclusively.

the reason for errors will be due to lack of VRAM which you have now increased.

you really need a dedicated GPU for proper gaming. also 2GB of VRAM and 8GB of memory isn't enough for AAA titles.

he will be able to play optimised games well as well as older titles.

the 2GB of VRAM will struggle especially since it's DDR, GPU's usually use a much faster ram called GDDR

I didn't know what that setting done which is why I asked believe it or not. I've since watched a YouTube video which says to set the onboard to as low as possible and it'll perform slightly better than setting it at 2G, this APU is crazy.

I don't think the integrated graphics memory scales to what it's doing. It just takes what's designated from the overall ram leaving you with 6gb for everything else.

After all the hassle you had I ended up buying a pre built with the 2400G. For my needs I'm impressed the just released Surviving Mars game is running at 1080p high settings and around 60fps.

Do you have a link to what you bought? Did you alter any settings or overclock it?

I'm going to be very controversial here but since Fortnite has crossplay, how about your cousin gets his son a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X?

I'm going to be very controversial here but since Fortnite has crossplay, how about your cousin gets his son a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X?
They already have both which makes the pc kind of redundant in my opinion, I only built it to save my cousin money. Now it's running it's quite impressive but still not worth the headache lol.

They already have both which makes the pc kind of redundant in my opinion, I only built it to save my cousin money. Now it's running it's quite impressive but still not worth the headache lol.

Did you manage to run any 3Dmark's before offloading it onto your cousin ?

Did you manage to run any 3Dmark's before offloading it onto your cousin ?
I didn't, I was so relieved it was done I boxed it up, they haven't collected it yet so I might set it up later and have a look. I'm new to gaming PC's so excuse my lack of knowledge, is 3dmark a program and do I just install it and then run a game?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom