Please don't laugh - JVC TH-P3

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Gulch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gulch

Gulch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 42" Hitachi plasma and a Sky + box but when I bought them I didn't have enough cash to get a surround sound system.
    I was recently browsing through the surround sound system section of a big online retailer when I noticed the JVC TH-P3. It grabbed my attention because it had USB hosting and I stupidly didn't look at the rest of the spec.
    When I unpacked it I quickly noticed at the rear it only had a single scart socket and nothing else.
    I was obviously puzzled how I was going to hook this up to my existing system and upon reading the instructions it tells me to switch the units input selector to "TV Sound" and the TV audio will go back down the scart lead and into the unit.
    My Sky box currently goes into scart 1 and the JVC is plugged into scart 2. When I switch on the JVC and select "DVD" the TV immediately switches from the Sky box to the JVC and when I follow the instructions and select "TV Sound" the Sky box kicks in again but with no sound coming from the JVC.
    From a layman's perspective I would guess that scart 2 is one way or am I totally making a clown of myself ?

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    try connecting the scart fron the surround to scart 2 on your tv and sky scart one to scart one on your tv. let me know the results please

3. Gulch

Gulch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I did what you suggested and nothing happened but when I went into the "features" section on the TV I noticed a section called "Ext 2 - out"
    This gave me several options and when I set it to "Ext 1" lo and behold surround sound from my existing system.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

4. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I am not familiar with your equipment ,but most systems are very similar, I is a process of starting from the begining seeing what happens before progressing to the next stage, one day all things will be made this way..
    happy to help.:smashin: