1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please don't laugh at my little setup here in Canada

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by Poolsharkie69, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my setup in Canada...Components ar ein my signature. I really need a new TV but damn stuff is expensive here in Canada....
    I use my media server to stream my music, pictures and videos to my home theater through my xbox. Cheers All....please feel free to offer some suggestions on how to make my set up better.

Attached Files:

2. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot the signature

3. Shane69

Shane69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :) thanks for sharing your set up with us Poolsharkie69 :) and no ... i will not laugh , because it is obviously doing the job for you , and thats what counts ;) have fun .

4. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shane69....really on the verge of buying a 42" Panny in the next 2 weeks. Gonna try and move the 32" up to my bedroom but it weighs 175lbs so that might be a task.

5. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Nice enough! ;) I think if you get a large and low furniture you can improve both sonics and aesthetics :) And put everything inside...

6. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You think I shoudl put everything inside the stereo rack? Good idea. Yes the room does noeed to be changed around for acoustics but I have not had the time to decide how to do it. The room is an odd shape and I have 2 sofas. Anyone want a Prismiq media player? lol Thats the device on top of my DVD recorder. It is basically a paperweight now that I have the MCE 2005 server.

7. MitchM

MitchM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I won't laugh at your little Canadian HT setup if you don't laugh at my little Canadian HT setup ! You've got a nice looking system.
    I'll be posting some pics of mine here soon, but here is a link to my HT page
    http://members.shaw.ca/mmigg/my_ht.html
    I like the look of your matching TV and stand.
    I debated about whether to buy a stand to match my TV or buy a cabinet type of thing. I decided on the cabinet as it looks more like the rest of my furniture. Your comments are welcomed.

8. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great setup. Yeah the only reason I bought the matching stand was for the anticipation of moving this system to my bedroom and having a 42" plasma soon. I do need to change some things in my system but for now I am stuck with what I have.