Please dont kill me...Question about Sony Wega..

S

suttinsuttin

alright i just found out about this great forum and i tried doing a search before i made this thread, but i couldnt get what i was lookin for. so heres the situation - i have a Sony Wega Trinitron 27" that i bought early last year. i was watching it the other day and outta nowhere it just turns off. i had it connected to a surge protector and nothing else connected to the surge protector shut off, flickered or anything, just the tv.

so immediately wtf is my state of mind and i decide to unplug it and wait a while before i plug it back in and see if it works. i plug it in and i hear that little click and the red light goes on but the tv doesnt turn on, no picture. so i give it a couple days unplugged and give it another try - same thing happens: click, red light blinks about 3 times and nothing happens after that. is this a common problem, is there any way to fix this?

sbowler

Think your going to have to get the engineer out to this one, sounds like something in the power supply has gone. Had a DVD player did a similar thing, was uneconomical to repair.:eek:

micks_address

i had the blinking light with a sony 32" wega widescreen.. the blinks are actually codes of some sort but its bad news! had to get it taken away to be looked at.. they did fix it (was only a week old) but i ended up getting a replacement anyway as they damaged the tv casing in transit..

agneepath

similiar thing happened to my parents 6 year old Sony Triniton. Took it to a local TV repair shop and they fixed it for only £35. Well pleased!

S

suttinsuttin

thanks for the responses. so if the red blinking lights is some sort of code, how do i find out what that code means? maybe i have to input something with the remote?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
suttinsuttin said:
thanks for the responses. so if the red blinking lights is some sort of code, how do i find out what that code means? maybe i have to input something with the remote?

The code won't mean anything to you...it will to an experienced TV repairman used to working on Sony TVs...the frequency and duration of the blinking led tells him roughly in which part of the set the fault lies...all that it means to you is that the set is shutting itself down to prevent further damage and you should call in an engineer for an estimate at least.

S

suttinsuttin

damn i guess im just gonna have to pay somebody to fix it for me, thanks guys. appreciate the feedback.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom