Please confirm for me it's not my Plasma's fault.

Moonwalker2006

Established Member
Reaction score
So i have a Samsung PS50C91 plasma tv, love it. Anyway....i have a problem and i just want to know from people who know alot about this, if this is my Plasma or the Xbox 360 console.

I'll explain:

I was playing Call of juarez, and out of the blue i see the graphics all messed up. The thing is. The subtitles, pause screen,main menu,intros ALL look fine. But the ingame graphics are completely messed up, basically all the in-game 3D models like characters, trees,mountains,all of it.

I tried Red Faction Guerilla. The map on the lower-left was perfectly fine, but all the other ingame graphics are completely messed up.

Well see for yourself , the last one definitely being the worst.

192oti.jpg

i2jzaw.jpg

2wm2wsh.jpg

Ok so...

I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my Plasma with HDMI. I tried a different monitor with a VGA cable hooked up to the Xbox and see if the problem would be there. It wasn't . Then i hooked up a VGA cable to my plasma and Xbox, no problems. BUT the thing is...the problem doesn't show up right away, nope. Just now i had to play the game for 30 minutes for the graphics to mess up. I then turned the Xbox and tv off. And connected that same HDMI cable to the other HDMI output of the tv(it has two), simply to test it.

But after more than 30 minutes of playing...no graphics problems. Then again, after i tried it with the other HDMI output again, no problems. So the problem doesn't show up right away at all. This makes it VERY hard to test things out.

Basically....

If one of the plasma's HDMI outputs was 'dying' wouldn't it mess up everything? Would it mess up the main menu of Xbox 360 live? Wouldn't it mess up the main menu of games and intro's? It really is only messing up the in-game graphics. Except for things like a map that is on the screen or subtitles or mission objectives texting.

So really...it can't possibly be my plasma's HDMI output, can it? Tomorrow i am gonna play a game for much longer,using that same HDMI output, simply to be sure.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom