Question Please clarify for me

mike7

Distinguished Member
Cases I have had in the past have tended to be thicker leather jobbies to house cards, but I fancied one of the thinner ones this time to keep it light and more 'shirt-pocketable'. The Samsung neon looked good but it is surprisingly expensive for what it is. As the phone is water and dust resistant, it will help keeping it near with my woodworking hobby.
Probably have anothrer look tomorrow
I have the Samsung A5 2017. Its a great little phone and it updated to the Nougat operating system yesterday. It takes some good pictures and the bright OLED screen is easier to see in sunny conditions than many phones in this price range. You need a fairly robust sort of case as it has a glass back and needs a bit extra protection. the Samsung accessories are overpriced and a bit flimsy.

If you are still comparing tariffs it might be worthwhile looking at Virgin Mobile which also use EE. They are doing a very good deal on data and minutes at the moment. They will also allow you to change your phone towards the end of your contract, provided you pay the full amount. Often they will buy back your old phone when you renew.

Last edited:

SeniorAlex

Standard Member
Mike7, thanks for your answer. I have already paid for the phone, but only £180 and tariff of £13pm with EE for 2 years. Minimum 2520- 2550 and unlimited text, but that wil do me for the small amount I use it for. Price to me sounded a good deal at that monthly cost and nly £3pm more than I was paying for a sim only deal. The shop wouldnt do the deal as I changed my contract in April, but EE direct phoning said they would. It arrives tomorrow and although I am concerned about camera stabilisation, it care is taken, it should be far better than my present Samsung 2. Perhaps I will get Nougat sometime, but dont know if that will help me for what I want. (Cheers limegreenzx)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom