Please check this Ebay link..Need advice.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
This looks suspiciously like many of the fakes on eBay. They even compare it with one of them - the DV-7000 - sold as fake JVC and Canon models. They claim it is 11 megapixel by the spec says it is 5 megapixel. I would doubt either of those claims.

The general wording of the ad also puts me off.

I would steer well clear of it.

keep the **** away

Oh okay then. So can anyone please recommend a cheap pocket digi cam for my daughter? Something that doest look the the film was captured on a camera phone :thumbsup:

olivia
x

it really depends on how much you want to pay,i am guessing about £100 range as the one you were looking at on ebay was £119,the kodak easyshare dx6340 seems a good little camera for a young bigginer it also has unlimited movie capture with sound depending on the size of the sd card,and it has quite a lot of positive reviews,or why not go on too the av forum shop and look at whats about for £100 and under,and look at the reviews on them,theres quite a big selection on there,but do try and stick to a brand name.

stevegreen said:
We don't normally get kisses on this forum, what a pleasant change! :)

I'll give you one......... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Attachments

• kiss.gif
    kiss.gif
    247 bytes · Views: 202
stevegreen said:
We don't normally get kisses on this forum, what a pleasant change! :)

yes we do....

sadly, it's normally the glasgow variety... :D

The rule of thumb I normally use on EBay is if the advert has

HUGE TEXT IN GARISH COLOURS

then steer clear! :rotfl: :smashin:

fraggle said:
The rule of thumb I normally use on EBay is if the advert has

HUGE TEXT IN GARISH COLOURS

then steer clear! :rotfl: :smashin:

We'd better steer clear of that post then :D

I like the "ROCK BOTTON PRICES" :D

personally i would not buy a camera from ebay,there is some real junk on there,and even some of the brand names on there seem to sell for more than what you pay in the high street shops or online,and take a look at some of the P+P costs,yes i know thats how a lot of them make there money but £25-£30 P+P for a pocket camera you must be joking it's bloody crazy ! and at least with the high street shops or online you have your one or two year guarantee,not always so with ebay.

BEWARE.

There are also a lot of fakes on there. I work for a manufacturer and one of my little sidelines is to send a weekly email to eBay listing the fakes which they remove as we are members of their VeRO scheme. They then remove them, but of course more appear every day.

Be very careful about buying cameras on Ebay ! Many are being sold from dealers in Hong Kong or other far-east countries. When the camera arrives, you will be stung for import duty and VAT. You'll end up paying about the same as UK prices, and a warranty that's not worth the paper it's printed on.

nicks "don't touch with a bargepole list" is this a link,if so i can't seem to get on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom