Please check my spec

Squibbster

I’ve put this together and have been researching as
Much as I can. I’m not sure if there is anything else I should be upgrading or if there is
Any bottle neck points.

Athere parts that are useless and should I change anything for more future proofing.

I won’t be buying now and this is not the graphics card I will have. I’m getting ready to purchase as soon as the new Nvidia cards are out. Like mid September.

thanks for any help.

BLUETOOTH:None Selected

CAS:Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Gaming Mid-Tower w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel

CD:None Selected

COOL:None Selected

COOL2:None Selected

CPNR1:Cyberpower Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts -- reducing the noise transmitted from Fans [+9]

CPU:Intel® Core™ i9-9900KF - 8-Core 3.60GHz, 5.00GHz Turbo - 16MB Cache, Ultimate OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)

CS_FAN:6x Corsair SP120 Addressable RGB Fan Kit [+50]

EXCD:None Selected

EXPAN:Built-in USB Ports

FAN:Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240 Liquid Cooling System w/ 240mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)

FLASHMEDIA:None Selected

HDD:4TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 5400RPM Hard Drive [+33] (1 Drive)

HOLIDAY1:BullGuard Internet Security 2018 for Windows PC with Game Booster! - 1 year - 3 User Licence [+0]

INTERBROWSER1:Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]

KEYBOARD:None Selected

M2SSD:500GB (1x500GB) WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 3470MB/s Read & 2600MB/s Write (Single Drive)

M2SSD2:None Selected

MEMORY:32GB (4x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Quad Channel Memory [+103] (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB w/Heat Spreader)

MONITOR:None Selected

MOTHERBOARD:MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2 [+34]

MOUSE:None Selected

NETWORK:ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs

OS:Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)

OVERCLOCK:pro OC (Overclock up to 10%)

PCABLE:None Selected

POWERSUPPLY:Corsair CV650 650W 80+ Bronze Gaming Power Supply [+10]

RAID:None Selected

RUSH:Standard Processing Time

SOUND:Asus Strix Soar 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card [+71]

SPEAKERS:None Selected

SSD:1TB Seagate Barracuda 120 2.5" SSD - 560MB/s Read / 540MB/s Write [+105] (1 Drive)

STREAMERGEAR:None Selected

USB1:Built-in USB Ports [+0]

VIDEO:MSI GeForce® RTX 2080 Super 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12®, VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)

VIDEOCAPTURE:None Selected

VIVE_HEADSET:None Selected

WARRANTY:DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 6 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
You’ve not said how much this system costs or more importantly what you are going to be using it for, is it purely gaming or other things ?

Squibbster

You’ve not said how much this system costs or more importantly what you are going to be using it for, is it purely gaming or other things ?
Hi thanks for the reply. It’s £2386

mainly for gaming but I do I have a lot of 4K video from go pros I want to edit. I’m mainly interested at getting hi fps and where I come unstuck is the compatability between cpu,ram and the mobo.

I was looking at 4000mhz ram but then read articles saying it’s pointless and go for 3200. I don’t even know if the cpu can run ram at 4000mhz.
Just completely fried my brain trying to understand it all

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
To be honest if you are going to be doing a lot of 4k video editing then I would go with a Ryzen system and for that price you could put together a very serious high end build.

This would be my suggestion System Builder

Squibbster

To be honest if you are going to be doing a lot of 4k video editing then I would go with a Ryzen system and for that price you could put together a very serious high end build.

This would be my suggestion System Builder
Thanks for the reply. The editing was more of a side thing and the gaming more important so I think the i9 processors more favourable but I’m not sure.
I see you picked 3600mhz ram? I got told before to go thst speed but then I got told and read that the 3200mhz is basically more than enough. This is the bit that confuses me.
My gut feeling is I need 3600mhz?

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
I’m not that up on intel but 3600mhz is definitely the sweet spot for the latest Ryzen CPU’s

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom