1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please can you help me pick one of these 3 WS sets

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimmi, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    OK, Im after a new WS set because my previous 2 Philips have suffered from bad picture tilting with no possible way of correction.
    The short list is as follows -
    Panasonic 28PL1C1
    Philips 286506
    & JVC 28T25EK & Toshiba 28Z23B as a rank outsiders.

Panasonic appears to have the best picture quality, but I've heard it is also prone to digital artifacts, blocks and other crap appearing on screen.
    The Philips looks like a good all rounder but it seems to have a grainy and harsh looking picture but it does have the added bonus of a picture rotation menu.
    The JVC looks good but it's casing is big and strange looking, plus the set I viewed didnt have the greatest horizontal geometry.
    So can anyone give me opinions on these sets ?.
    If the Panasonic also has a picture rotation option then I'd be inclined to go for that but if not the Philips looks the safer bet because any horizontal slanting should be correctable.
    Also is there any reason to avoid a flatscreen ?.
    Opinions really are needed.
    :)

2. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Anyone ?.

3. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are like me, and feel the need to be able to adj. horizontal rotation , then go for the set with it.
    My only other advice, and I know its annoying when it's at a tangent to the question, is, can you go bigger, maybe 32.
    The Tosh zp32 18q is physically the same size as a 28, unfortunately, not rotational control!
    Try comparing your choices side by side, then make the decision.
    Every body's views are so personal.
    Even to whether the damn things buzz. My TV's ok to me but my friend , who has very good hearing says it ( with head to set ) 'still buzes to much'