1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please can someone help??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mantari, Sep 2, 2004.

1. mantari

mantari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my TV aerial socket on one wall but need to put the TV on the opposite side of the room. Unfortunately I am unable to run a cable across or around the room to the other side.

Have you ever seen a cordless transmitter/ receiver which you plug in to the TV socket on the wall and to the TV - therefore to replace the cable?

I've seen the PHILIPS SBCVL1200 but that transmits from either a video or satellite box to a TV, I’m just looking for something to replace the cable so that the TV can be tuned-in on the other side of the room as if it was connected to a cable.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks
    Kind regards

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't recall ever seeing such a device that will work with RF (aerial type) signals - only with, as you say, audio and video.

Have you really got absolutely NO cabling options - under the floor; round the exterior of the building, etc?

3. mantari

mantari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks for the reply

unfortunately I can't put the cable under the floor as it woodern tiles. The only possible option is to take a very long wire and follow the skirting board, various door frames etc. Do you think thats the best option?

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The best option is probably to go around the outside of the house and come in again on that side of the building.

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    A long aerial cable shouldn't cause any grief; after all, the downlead from the roof is already thirty metres or so. Just use good cable and good connectors. The slightly improved cable they use for satellite dishes might be an advantage.

6. mantari

mantari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you everyone for your helpful replies.

Sorry I was slow getting back to you all...

kind regards