Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please can someone check my wiring?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ecoss, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Ecoss

Ecoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    System newly hooked up as follows, but not a squeak from the amp/speakers -please can someone tell me where I've gone wrong?

Panasonic TH42PE30B Plasma - Sony GX300 DVD-R: Scart (Fully connected)
    PACE Set Top Box to Plasma: Scart (Fully connected)
    DVD-R to Pioneer VSX812 AV Reveiver: 3 RCA Phono (but will change to Digital Coax asap)
    Receiver to Kef Egg Speakers: Cables (these have been tested with a tester - no shorts detected). The speakers are fine for the receiver signal.

And... assuming that I get the above to work: What's the best way to tie-in a Sony VCR? I'm a little confused (putting it mildly) as to which should be looped through which.

And finally (!) if I switch to component video between DVD-R and Plasma - what audio connections should be made - to the amp or DVD?

I'm sure there's a thread that answers all these but I'd appreciate any help so I can get all this working before next Christmas.

Thanks

Ecoss

Sony VCR

2. dave741

dave741

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this will probably work (i think!!!)

pace - scart to plasma - phono to amp
    sony dvd - scart to plasma - coax or opt to amp
    vcr - scart to pace (presuming pace has 2 scart) - phono to av amp

this should mean pace and dvd are direct to plasma (via scart) and audio back to amp

vcr into pace as a loop with seperate audio feed back to amp

im not entirely sure why you have no sound but this way there should be no reason why this way wont produce sounds through all sources....this probably isnt the best way but it WILL work :smashin: