Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please can someone advise?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TankTopLover, Sep 20, 2005.

1. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I have a Toshiba 32ZP48 tv that supports progressive scan.My current setup is a Panasonic SCHT900,however,it does not support PAL progressive so i am flogging it.

I am looking at getting a pal progressive player between £100-200 that has component as i will be using component mostly.

I have read through this forum and 2 players crop up alot.

1.Toshiba SD350E

2.Pioneer DV575

I dont want any jaggies,i would like a clear,crisp picture if possible.

Can anyone who has seen both in action or owners of either give me a push in the right direction?

Im finding it hard to decide between the two,or is there any other better players in that price range?

2. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    :(
    :lease:

Seems not many owners of these players so far that have read my post...i heard that the pioneer 'flickers' when playing pal progressive and the tosh doesnt?

Hmmm maybe i will get the tosh.. :confused:

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    If the Tosh sells as many as the 575 then I'm sure some people will comment that it flickers too.

I can personally and unequivocally recommend the 575, I'm sure the Tosh is a good player too...PJ :)