• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

please answer a noob question

kevantlin

i have tried to make sense of this sub forum but i am afraid it doesnt mean much to me.

I am hoping to buy a pio 427xd, is there any thing that i can buy that will improve the PQ on SD feeds.

Trust me i have trawled before asking this question

sorry

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
It would be easier to answer if you told us what your SD feeds are and what available outputs they have.
Make
Model
Outputs, e.g. SCART, Component etc.

kevantlin

cheers Andy

i hope to get a pioneer 427xd

i currently have a denon 3805 amp and a denon 2900 dvd player

all SD from Sky + (soon sky HD)

thanks again

kevantlin

:lease:

i have had a look at the v50, v20 etc, but i am hoping to getpicture improvement for about£300

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello kevantlin

First off I'd suggest not going for a PlasmaTV - instead go for a Plasma Display; you'll find it easier to achieve a better image with a wider range of sources on the less frilly Display models.

If you go for a PlasmaTV you have less change of 'solving' problems using a third party VP too as the TV's often aren't that amenable to plugging in external devices.

If you can find a device to solve everyone's video processing problems at 300.00 GBP - buy them all, put up a banner add and then sell them at 600.00 GBP :)

The Pioneer PDP-427XD is not a bad product but maybe not ideal if your already thinking about adding a VP to your set-up before you even take delivery of the TV!!!

A Pioneer PDP-42MXE10 or Panasonic TH-42PHD9BK may be a better starting point for you.

A TH-42PH9BK + entry level Lumagen or DVDO VP ought to be just about within your budget (PDP-427DX + mystery 300.00 VP = approx 2.1K).

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom