1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please advise

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by msheikh, Dec 15, 2004.

1. msheikh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi anybody,

I am in the process of choosing a new tv since my old one had a fight with some concrete steps, unfortunately the steps won, hardly surprising. anyway, i have narrowed it down to 2 models: panasonic tx28ps500 or jvc AV28H77SK. my old tv was a 100hz 28" panasonic which i was extemely pleased with. if anyone can help with any info on either model or any other tv around the £500 mark that they could recommend it would be very much appreciated, i need to buy one soon cause my eyes cant handle a 14" portable anymore.

thank you
  2. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Nov 17, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Well, I had the 32" version of the Panasonic you mention (TX32PS500). In fact, I had two of these in the space of 1 month. They both suffered terribly from purity problems (on a white screen the corners would be tinged with green - whilst this can happen a little to all widescreen tv's - especially 32" ones - this was particulary bad on the Panasonic. Also had the "dirty screen" (static patches of grey noticeable on white or bright panning images). So, after two of these, I gave up and went with a Sony set, which has been marvellous.

Curry's (where I got the first Panasonic from - and I would never EVER use this retailer again after the stress they put me through trying to sort out and get my money back) also said to me that other people have complained about this Panasonic set - so - although the 28" version you are thinking of may be fine - it's perhaps best to check for the problems I have said about, as I personally wouldn't ever touch Panasonic again - but I do appreciate that many people, including yourself no doubt, do like them.