Please advise me about monitor choice

Ned Senior

My PC is 5 years old with an Nvidia Ge-force MX440 Graphics card (No DVI just VGA out) I would like to update my 19" CRT monitor and get something bigger but I see that most of the LCD's have a resolution not 1600x1024 or 1600x1200 which are the top two that my card will show.. I have read of people being pleased with the HP 2207 so will this work ok with my pc??
I do basic pc art, photo editing and write poetry and short stories on my machine BTW
Thanks for replies everyone
all the best
Stolly

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Your card is showing resolutions that the monitor will support most likely. That really is a very odl card, if you're buying a new monitor then even a relatively cheap graphics card a around £30-£50 will do you much better than that one.
most 22" TFT's have a native res of 1680x1050.

Ned Senior

Your card is showing resolutions that the monitor will support most likely. That really is a very odl card, if you're buying a new monitor then even a relatively cheap graphics card a around £30-£50 will do you much better than that one.
most 22" TFT's have a native res of 1680x1050.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the trusty old pc too... I must say tho' that these compaq machines are very reliable:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom