1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Advice needed !!! Colour cast

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JSW, Jul 17, 2002.

1. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Have noticed from my screenshots that I seem to have a green colour cast on the PJ :(

Anyone able to give advice on how or what to do to get the colours of the pj to more resemble the colours of the TV ???

Pics 29 - 39 (from link in me sig) contain Shrek screenshots I took pics from the same paused scene on both the pj and the tv.

TIA for your help.
    Bry

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Looking at pic 37 I think the TV is pushing red too much. The correct colour maybe somewhere between the 2. Doesn't your projector allow you to change red, blue and green gains? What adjustments does it have?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try setting the colour temperature to 'Warm'. The Warm setting seems to increase the amount of red in the picture, which might counteract the green tint.

Have you noticed the colour uniformity problem at all? On mine one side of the display is green and the other is pink. I'm considering getting Panasonic to look at it under warranty.

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Havn't noticed any uniformity problems at all and havn't played with any of the settings of the pj.

Didn't think there was anything wrong with pic till i noticed how different the thumbnails where in my album.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you use the screenshots to compare the picture quality? Or did you look at the screen(s)? It's difficult to jugde quality form screenshots, and even more so if the shots are taken from different devices. If you're willing to spend some money you can have both your TV and projector calibrated bij an ISF certified technician. I suspect the image from the projector may be closer to the ideal D6500 than your TV picture.

6. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    I think the pj image is more real looking and the tv one over saturated.

Maybe I shouldn't even be comparing :confused: