1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleae help. Problem with explorer.exe and cpu usage

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Trojan, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Trojan

Trojan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Hi
    I am hoping that someone here can give me some advice to help solve my problem. I have a HDTV version of Spiderman 2 on my harddrive in the form of multiple ts files. When I tried to play them using Theatertek it would play but at times stutter badly so I had a look at the windows task manager to check how my cpu was doing. Theatertek was only using about 30 to 40% but explorer.exe was spiking the cpu up to 100%. My first thought was a trojan or spyware so I ran trojan hunter, adware and norton antivirus but nothing was found. I then played the files using VLC media player checking the task manager and found that my cpu was going between 40 and 60% usage and explorer.exe was hardly using any which makes me think that the problem is with Theatertek. My Computer specs are
    Athlon 3200+ XP
    Radeon 9600xt
    Asus deluxe motherboard
    512 3200 ram

Playing all the files with the vlc player is not great as there is a pause between each file and I would like to find out what the problem is as Theatertek can play them without a pause and give me a better picture.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you