• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plea to M&K owners in the NW

Deadmeat1st

Hi
I am looking to buy a set of M&Ks to match a Onkyo 875. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere in the North West to demo them and so I am hoping that some proud M&K owner out there would feel comfortable enough to allow me hear theirs :hiya:

I am ideally hoping to listen to Xenons and 750 in a relatively small room preferably, as my new AV room is only 3m(w)x4m(l)x2m(h).

I've heard that M&Ks can be a bit forward and harsh to some peoples ears so I would like to hear them before outlaying for a set.

I live in Liverpool and would be able to travel upto maybe an hours drive.

Fingers crossed :) and thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Helicon

Banned
The 750's do sound a lot better than the Xenons, but they do like to be pushed a little to get the best from them.

M&K dealers should have stocks back up to scratch either end of this month, beginning of next month. So hang on a little, and you can let your own ears decide.

True-Blue

I'm running 750's fronts and centre and 550 rears from a 905 in relatively small room (garage conversion) and it sounds fantastic.

As the 875 should be pretty similair to the 905 sonically I'm sure the result would be virtually as good.

Also the sound is not as 'in your face' as the combination might suggest. The 905 produces comfortably better results with the M&K's than my previous Arcam 350 did too.

The only caveat I would add is that I have carpeted my walls to about 2" above front speaker height (to cut sound reflections) although the rears are mounted just above the carpet. So this may also take some of the 'brightness' out of the room.

I picked up my M&K's second hand but I noticed that Sevenoaks where offloading a load of M&K stock including 750's, not sure what they've got left nationaly but I'd suggest it's worth having as look at their website and doing some phoning around :)

Happy hunting.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom