1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation USB converters

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by blackbull, Jun 15, 2002.

1. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, Could anyone tell me where I could buy one of these? I have just bought the PC version of G Police, The old Psygnosis game and I am finding hard to play via Keyboard and so would like to use my Playstation controller on my PC instead. Secondly and I'm going for a long shot now, do any of you have the original PS version and thus the default control set up for the PSOne version that you could email or post for me.

Many Thanks in anticipation :)

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
  3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PC does have one decent pad released by Thrustmaster. Took forever coming to the UK though since I've had my eye on it for 6 months or more. Its called the Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power. Nice long title indeed. Its a dual analog stick pad, rumbles and has 12 buttons. The layout is identical to the PS2 pad but its larger as you can see below...

[​IMG]

It might look cheap and tacky from some pics but the build quality is superb. Instead of a plastic case it has a light rubber texture and everything feels solid and robust. Has great software included so you can edit button configs for all your games and works with all emulators that I've tried (its a godsend for MAME, eps. for NeoGeo games).

I bought mine for £20 new from PC World since they were celebrating its release. Heres a link if you're interested...

http://www.thrustmaster.co.uk/product/detail/pc/gamepads/fs_dualpower.asp

Comes highly recommended by me and many sites if you run a search...

4. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking Good could well get one of these as it will offer the rumble feature and be fully programmable. Cheers