Question Playstation TV worth keeping

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
So I treated myself to a shiney new PS4 as an upgrade from my PS3.

I did this whilst out and about and am sure could have saved a few quid on the net but ended up with the Assassins Creed 1TB from Game. This also came with a few other bits including a Playstation TV.

I haven't used it yet and am not sure whether I would do or not. I don't have any Vita games or PSN+ yet but might get the latter.

The other thing for remote play is limited for me because my two screens that I have receive the feed from the PS4 in full 1080p etc so its a bit of a moot point.

I had a quick google but didn't see anything obvious but wondered if they would offer split games on two TV using the PS TV ? In which case I might keep.

Otherwise any reasons why I should keep it rather than stick it on the classifieds ?

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Nope it is still sat in its box wondering what to do :)
I'd buy it off you, simply for the purpose of playing PS4 games upstairs from my monitor. I wouldn't use it for Vita games etc though

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Ok let me think about it and I can put a for sale thread. Whilst I realise this is not a for sale thread what sort of money are you thinking about ?

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Ok let me think about it and I can put a for sale thread. Whilst I realise this is not a for sale thread what sort of money are you thinking about ?
£25? Seen this price in the past on here just looking at archived ads. Let me know before you go ahead though, would like 1st dibs :)

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
BTW, no it won't split games on two TV's, that would require a lot of horsepower. It's literally a 1:1 streamer.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
£25? Seen this price in the past on here just looking at archived ads. Let me know before you go ahead though, would like 1st dibs :)

Will do and I will explicitly give you 1st dibs on the for sale thread.

BTW, no it won't split games on two TV's, that would require a lot of horsepower. It's literally a 1:1 streamer.

Yes make sense I was thinking if it was more of the PS4 was doing the work and even if say dropped to 720p for dual output one being a stream to another TV.

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
So.. have you thought about it yet? :D

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I would keep it personally, but then I'm biased and use my PSTV and Vita to stream my PS4 quite a bit. I also use my Xperia Tablet - all three are great performers at streaming when set up correctly!

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Got a PSTV for Xmas and have to say it's not bad. Remote play easy to setup and I'm not getting any lag. Only thing that is obvious is some blurring and the quality not as good but perfectly playable. Tried Battlefront and Driveclub and both played fine :)

Shame it's only 720p and the menus look a bit rubbish but the DLNA app seems to work ok for streaming from my NAS although not sure if there is an option for continuous video play like there is on my PS3 (that this is replacing and it's main use is streaming TV\movies).

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I've just been reading about casting from a tablet on remote play to a Chromecast - not meant to be too bad apparently.

odd1ne

Got a PSTV for Xmas and have to say it's not bad. Remote play easy to setup and I'm not getting any lag. Only thing that is obvious is some blurring and the quality not as good but perfectly playable. Tried Battlefront and Driveclub and both played fine :)

Shame it's only 720p and the menus look a bit rubbish but the DLNA app seems to work ok for streaming from my NAS although not sure if there is an option for continuous video play like there is on my PS3 (that this is replacing and it's main use is streaming TV\movies).

Are you playing it wired or wifi? I was tempted about getting one for the bedroom but could only use wifi and heard it was iffy with wifi but wired was ok.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Are you playing it wired or wifi? I was tempted about getting one for the bedroom but could only use wifi and heard it was iffy with wifi but wired was ok.

Wired Gigabit

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom