1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation + Toshiba 36ZP18

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by V0oD0o, Oct 1, 2002.

1. V0oD0o

V0oD0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there,

I own a Toshiba 36ZP18. When I plug my playstation into it, the picture is incredibly fuzzy.

It's playable but not as sharp as I was expecting.

DVD's and cable are fine.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks.

Mike

2. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    How are you connecting it?

I've got the 36ZP and with Gamecube and X Box via RGB its crystal clear!!

Even with composite its impressive but you get the usual fizzing and more blurred edges with noise especially in reds.

Make sure the TV is set to 100Hz with DNR off.

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also... Use Picture Mode 3. Then go into the menu and increase the brightness, contrast etc to around 50 or so. By using Picture Mode 3, you get rid of the AWFUL "Dynamic Contrast" which IMO ruins the image. Just try it out and all that fuzzy stuff will be gone...

Also make sure you are using an RGB cable for both consoles and connect it to AV1. The other inputs are only composite and S-Video which offers a poorer image quality.

If you're wondering on how to split AV1 (RGB) to more sockets for your Xbox/PS2/etc then buy a Scart Video Box from Argos... £9.95. I forgot the actual catalogue page number... But its the one that does not have the scart lead already attatched. I think it could be around pages 684... Have a browse anyway.

With this you can split the one available RGB socket (TV) into three (scartbox).

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    That's exactly what I've done and I was pleasently surprised by the quality of the image passed through this cheap box. No discernable difference to my eyes.

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    NEOBLADE told me the same thing & it worked great no loss in picture quality just the same as direct in to back of my telly.the page is 577 cat no 534/0370 of the argos cat.