PlayStation Showcase, Wednesday 16th September, 9pm

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Streams available on YouTube and Twitch

Last edited:
"Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).
Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.
Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5."

I'm hoping we might get some launch day titles confirmed here, but if not, at least price and launch date, some UI too.

I still feal they may have holding something back in terms of first party for launch. Putting my money on GT7 as day 1 game.......

They are going want to continue momentum from ps4 and not give anyone a reason to doubt them....... Dates for some of the big hitters later 2021 is one thing, they would have wanted something big for launch especially as they would have been up against halo

My expectations for this:
- Price, release date, preorders (to close event)
- A look at the UI, new features, including demo of quick launch times
- Further gameplay and dates for the games shown already
- New 1st and 3rd party reveals
- Third party exclusivity (timed, content) announcements
- Backwards compatibility and enhancements to 1st party titles
- Something services related

40 minutes is a bit shorter than previous showcases, and I’m expecting more by way of marketing sizzle reel. So how much can they fit in? Will there be space for-

Already released dual sense ads.
Sizzle reel of execs, devs, fans.
Chat revisiting the unique ssd.
Teardown.
Day one gameplay sizzle reel.
Extended gameplay.
Price and date reveal.
Long view sizzle reel.

Given the limited time- I think a teardown is unlikely. And I wonder how they’d select titles for extended gameplay if the launch lineup is good.

Last time they had Jim Ryan talking, developers, PS5 reveal, the various inserts and still showed 25+ games.

This time I think there will be much less talking so I think they can fit a lot into 40 mins. It’s going to be games, games, games again with maybe some UI stuff and then price and date at the end.

They are also doing something on Friday at PAX so maybe save teardown for then.

Yeah, I can't see this being the teardown, that may even just come as a video on YouTube separately. UI, games, price, release and Pre-order info.

But they’ll cover the spec bump, right 😏😛

Honestly think they will show something from the new God Of War game. Even a small teaser would be good

Honestly think they will show something from the new God Of War game. Even a small teaser would be good

I don't think they will show anything they still have more Horizon to show before doing anything with another big game like God Of War.

I'd rather a definite launch line up and a full breakdown of the console and the UI and obviously price and pre order

Hopefully more info about haptic feedback on the dual sense and more about 3d audio and the pulse headset

I think the UI being shown is a good shout- there’s been rumours/speculation around being to access very specific parts of games directly from the ‘dashboard’, which will save all that hammering of buttons rushing through menus in-game if true. I think if there is UI functionality like that then it’s a positive and unique feature. Quick resume/switching would be less of a unique feature (I’m assuming it’s in there), but presumably another thing to show off... And then there’s the move from share to ‘create’.

I’d wager that the above would help sell the console better than a customer facing version of the ‘road to ps5’ presentation.

They surely HAVE to do a price and pre-order date now that MS have shown their hand and pre-orders being on the 22nd.

I wouldn’t be surprised if preorders opened immediately after the show.

I dont actually get why those of us that know we are going to buy one regardless cant already preorder with anyone already anyway, surely shops can keep track of the order people have ordered in in case os shortages. :thumbsdow

what i'm expecting from the event. managing expectations... what i think we will see

i would like to see more footage of the games for launch or in the launch window...
a surprise game for launch not yet mentioned
surprise of games in development not yet announced
a sneak peak at the PS5 console and GUI ?

whilst they can do this on a blog or tweet...the launch prices of the ps5, the pre order start date

i don't think we will see any type of teardown of the ps5 this will be done at another event as their simply isn't enough time in this one.

I also know there has been much debate about price...but if there is a £100 difference between digital and physical this would be crap because an optical drive should not cost £100 extra..so i'm hoping the price is within £50 of each other, its possble they may push it to £75 difference but that would really be pushing it and £50 difference is more sensible prices.

Last edited:
It's not about the price of the drive though is it. It's what kind of discount they think it's worth to drive people on to digital only.

It's not about the price of the drive though is it. It's what kind of discount they think it's worth to drive people on to digital only.
Exactly, the people with digital will make Sony more money, so they can afford to make that cheaper.

I want a drive for blurays, old games and new games to trade them in etc but if the price is a hundred different I will seriously rethink that and Sony will make more money out of me in the long run.

I want a drive for blurays, old games and new games to trade them in etc but if the price is a hundred different I will seriously rethink that and Sony will make more money out of me in the long run.
This is the point I was trying to make, although I take on board chalky and desmo aswell

That would be good, everything is in place with the retailers, so no reason why not.

Wasnt there some official talk of there being time to prepare for pre-orders for customers, Meaning the announcement wouldn't catch people out, so I think they will announce a date, maybe even a one a few days away but not right now ...go!

NOTE - think it was this

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom