playstation plus

dannyps4

Novice Member
hi all,

im trying to make playstation plus available on all my accounts on the same ps4 console.

I signed up for a free trial on my main account and read online that if i activate my main account as main ps4, then deactivate it on other accounts, it would mean all accounts have playstation plus features.

I followed these steps and it has not worked on my other accounts. I thought maybe it was because it was the trial version so i purchased one month service and added that but still it is not available on the other accounts.

Any ideas?
thanks, hope you can help.

Lepego

Standard Member
What do you mean by Plus features? Online access and playing the Plus games you downloaded on your main account? Then yes. But not save game storage or the games via those other accounts.

dannyps4

Novice Member
What do you mean by Plus features? Online access and playing the Plus games you downloaded on your main account? Then yes. But not save game storage or the games via those other accounts.
hi, thanks for the reply.
yes on the sub accounts i want them to be able to play the online games and online multiplayer
thanks

Lepego

Standard Member
That should work. The main account with Plus set as primary, download the games through that account and then the other accounts on that PS4 should be able to play those downloaded games on their respective accounts, and play online multiplayer too regardless of the games the main account has!

dannyps4

Novice Member
That should work. The main account with Plus set as primary, download the games through that account and then the other accounts on that PS4 should be able to play those downloaded games on their respective accounts, and play online multiplayer too regardless of the games the main account has!
thanks for the reply.
I done that and its still not working, must be me i must be missing something.

Im judging that its not working by when i go onto the sub accounts i click on the playstation plus icon in the top left of the screen and it still asks to buy ps+ whereas on the main account it recognises that plus is already active.
Maybe the features still work on the account, i will check it out.

How about games that are not on ps+, such as mincraft- can the other accounts play online mincraft with out ps+ or must it have ps plus to play any online game?
thank you

King Tones

Distinguished Member
As long as the main account has PS+ and that Console is set as your primary then all features like Online and Playing Purchased Digital Games should work for other accounts on that console.
The Accounts without PS+ will still have the option to purchase PS+ so don't go on that.

Load up a MP Game with another account and check that works. Load up a PS+ Game on the other account and see if that works.

Mainely4Knitting

Novice Member
I'm having a similar problem. We paid for a year of PlayStation Plus. On my account, it shows psplus. I can download games and do anything that plus allows. On my husband's account (on the same PS4) , it doesn't show anything for him, no plus. If he goes into the PlayStation Store, it keeps prompting him to pay for PlayStation Plus. Yes, he can play the games, but every time he wants to download a game, we have to stop, log out of his account, log into mine and then go find the game, log out of my account, back into his. Is this the way it is? If I'd have known this, I would have never paid for it. It's ridiculous. I looked online for help and was told to make sure that the ps4 is activated as primary on both accounts (did that).

We just bought the PS4 last week and it's our first ever Playstation. I know we don't know much about it, so I'm hoping to hear that I'm just missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lepego

Standard Member
Is this the way it is?
It is. And indeed this is the same problem as the OP. Ps Plus is tied to your account, downloaded games and online multiplayer is tied to the console where your account is set as primary.

A solution to the switching of accounts would be: use the PS Plus account to log in on the website version of the PS Store and download the games from there. They will then show up on the PS4 without needing to switch accounts on that PS4 to download the game and are available to all accounts to play.

millerose

Novice Member
Hi, Can anyone help me out please?

I have a PlayStation 4 console that my teens (K and L) share. I set it up with my name (Adult) on the account (millie) as a family manager and the children created their accounts within this. All was okay playing games and online Fortnite until son (K) bought Star Wars Battlefront. Due to age restrictions on his account he couldn't play it. I didn't want him to use my account as it is pass worded and if I'm at work (a keyworker) he wont be able to log in. So stupidly I set up another new adult account on the PlayStation in his name (K), altering his D.O.B so that he could play. Trouble started again, when he couldn't or he realised that in order to use Multiplayer within the game you need online access to PlayStation+. Now, I am willing to buy PlayStation Plus as I can get it cheaper.
My question is as I have 2 children which account do I purchase the Plus on? and will all users on the PlayStation console be able to access it? for example, if I purchase the plus on my family account (K) still cant play Star Wars but me and (L) can get Plus?, if I purchase it on (K's) new solo adult account, will I have access and (L)? I'm very confused.... (L) doesn't want to play on the (K) account because its got that name on it.....but I cannot get see a way around it?
Any help or guidance please? thanks in advance.

Lepego

Standard Member
I think you should get Plus via the Millie account, as that was the original main account with two subaccounts and you as an adult can use the options like online storage and have the free Plus games tied to your main account ... so I think a Plus subscription is most valuable on that account.
All the other accounts on your PS4 can then use online multiplayer and play the free Plus games you download. K can then also play Battlefront multiplayer on his new account.