Playstation Plus Games - Monthly updates

Lepego

Standard Member
Not everyone has PS now and if they did they can simply ignore this month's PS+ games, where's the problem i don't see one.
Alright, I didn't want to sound to harsh. Let me start by saying I'm obviously a fan of both services as I pay for both, will continue to pay for both as they are well worth the money, and that I understand that both services are not entirely linked to each other.

Now is a normal gaming subscription service by Sony, and Plus is designed by Sony to milk their customers who want to play online cause Sony saw what MS raked in during the previous console generation while Sony's online platform was free. In order to keep peeps at bay with Plus, they hand out some "free" games and store discounts they choose themselves. Not ideal, but aright I guess. Here's where it gets schwifty for me: i.e. for this month their supposedly worth €79.98 of free games as portrayed above are available through their gaming subscription for currently less than £40 for a year! Why would I need to "simply ignore" service A's benefits cause I'm also subscribed to their service B? I'm the paying one, focus on my value! You devalue both services you offer next to each other that way, in a very small way maybe sure, but it counts if you tout the monthly free games like they do as a key part.

I've been a day one subscriber to Plus and vividly remember the days we would get PS3 games, PS Vita games AND PS4 games for a quarter less money than what we pay currently. Do you see what I mean? You get less and less for always a bit more. And if you are fully in their ecosystem, you get double dipped too as a customer. The same can be said for their "Stay at home" games, just rehashing already dished out content and marketing it as a generous gift by a company, which isn't what it really is. That rehashing also goes for the Plus games, we've seen some remastered content this calendar year of original content that got handed out as a free Plus game years ago.

But still, again, even if you get less and less, it's still very much worth it! Just in decline compared to a few years ago and I hope we've reached the bottom in quality/quantity and the ceiling in pricing.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
I must admit I was quite surprised how many titles were on PS Now last time I looked, over 700 and the annual price deal is quite tempting. However one problem with subs services is cross pollination. But it's nothing new, how many titles appear on Amazon Prime and Netflix, quite a few, but many people will still sub to both.

It's more obvious with gaming and doesn't stop at the sony services, we currently have EA Access and some big titles in that Vault have since appeared on plus too.

Fortunately subs prices and deals mean gamers still get access to top titles for pretty much peanuts..

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
I already own both games on offer for May, I am sick of Sony not consulting with me before offering me free games. :mad:

Both games are great, in one you can collect animal waste with your wellies and spread it on your food and in the other one you can make a huge human sewage system and then flood your city in ploppers. :laugh:

Alright, I didn't want to sound to harsh. Let me start by saying I'm obviously a fan of both services as I pay for both, will continue to pay for both as they are well worth the money, and that I understand that both services are not entirely linked to each other.

Now is a normal gaming subscription service by Sony, and Plus is designed by Sony to milk their customers who want to play online cause Sony saw what MS raked in during the previous console generation while Sony's online platform was free. In order to keep peeps at bay with Plus, they hand out some "free" games and store discounts they choose themselves. Not ideal, but aright I guess. Here's where it gets schwifty for me: i.e. for this month their supposedly worth €79.98 of free games as portrayed above are available through their gaming subscription for currently less than £40 for a year! Why would I need to "simply ignore" service A's benefits cause I'm also subscribed to their service B? I'm the paying one, focus on my value! You devalue both services you offer next to each other that way, in a very small way maybe sure, but it counts if you tout the monthly free games like they do as a key part.

I've been a day one subscriber to Plus and vividly remember the days we would get PS3 games, PS Vita games AND PS4 games for a quarter less money than what we pay currently. Do you see what I mean? You get less and less for always a bit more. And if you are fully in their ecosystem, you get double dipped too as a customer. The same can be said for their "Stay at home" games, just rehashing already dished out content and marketing it as a generous gift by a company, which isn't what it really is. That rehashing also goes for the Plus games, we've seen some remastered content this calendar year of original content that got handed out as a free Plus game years ago.

But still, again, even if you get less and less, it's still very much worth it! Just in decline compared to a few years ago and I hope we've reached the bottom in quality/quantity and the ceiling in pricing.
with PSnow games you dont need ps+ for multiplayer so you could save your self on having both

and for the free stay at home games there are over 100million ps4 owners 39million have ps+, 1 million have PSnow so thats over 60 million people that could have got the free games and me personally i was one of them as i havent played the uncharted ps4 collection or journey

Lepego

Standard Member
with PSnow games you dont need ps+ for multiplayer so you could save your self on having both
The multiplayer only works for the games available to Now, not for other games. If I want to be able play my FIFA or COD matches or new releases online like a normal gamer, I need Plus for the multiplayer even if I have a Now subscription. That's why I said both services are separate and aren't entirely linked together, but they still are.

Again, not wanting to be too harsh, still dirt cheap for the content it provides and I love both! Yet as a customer who sinks a bit under £100 into both services, I feel I can sometimes touch upon the minor quibbles with a view to make it a more streamlined experience if you have both.

Lee Moles

I’m picking up a PS4 this week and looking at Plus, I’m gutted that I’ve missed the Nathan Drake collection and Uncharted 4.

Are they likely to come around again?

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I’m picking up a PS4 this week and looking at Plus, I’m gutted that I’ve missed the Nathan Drake collection and Uncharted 4.

Are they likely to come around again?
No, they never offer the same games twice. Can you imagine the indignant outrage from longtime subscribers if they did?

zt1903

Distinguished Member
You could have had the Nathan Drake collection without PS+ until a week or so ago through the Play at Home initiative. You didn't even need a PlayStation, just an account on the PS Store.

Lee Moles

Yeah pretty bummed i missed it. Now I've got to for £13 or so for it

Miss Mandy

I already own it so it's a rubbish offering anyway. :p
Yeah, I'm the same, I grabbed it cheap on the US store a while ago. Of course it still sits in my pile of shame, but that's not the point! :laugh:

Lepego

Standard Member
It's currently a timed game till start of July on PS Now so IMO highly doubtful it's a Plus game next month.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Sony just announced on Twitter that COD WWII is one of the games for June that can be downloaded tomorrow, they will announce the other game later in the week.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
As per post #1,531, if you try to add Spider-man to your basket, you get this screen pop up...
EF36C0C6-306F-4A1F-8F48-2EA52081D5ED.jpeg

It’s £15.99 in the Days of Play, but you can get it for ‘free’ if you buy 12 months of PS+ at 30% off will be the spin.