Playstation Now

Hench why I said info is rumor and sketchy at best

Brilliant idea for people who have never played some of the Playstation classics.

Im not that particularly interested tho as I have already played all the top Ps3 ps2 psone games.......

Which is fortunate as my Internet connection is woeful

As long as you get 2mb down I'd hazard a guess you should be good to go. Unless they specified what it takes and I'm way off
I wouldn't bank on this being the best experience at 2mb. Onlive used to claim it could run at that speed and that was rubbish.

Very interested to see the required specs on this and how it runs overall as game streaming has a lot to live up to to shake what onlive did.

But you'd need a controler wouldn't you would yuo buy that seperate and link it to your tv?

Yes, it's in the Polygon article linked above. One time USB linkage of DS3 to TV and then bluetooth connection thereafter.

Rockband 3 please :lease:

I'd love to play my back catalog via the PS4...

Reckon that would be a stretch due to controllers. Also I don't think it's currently on psn to buy.... Not that it's not an awesome idea :D

I don't really see the point for me. I don't want to play old games.

But for those that maybe missed out on great games this would he great.

I wouldn't like to play games like the last of us on a vita remote play style thing though. The analogue stick clicks and top shoulder buttons make remote play unplayable for games which use them (most console titles). They're just gangly and awkward and I can't be doing with them.

But with a dualshock 4 it'd be grand.

same, all this hype and fuss, but who wants to play old games? i bought a ps4 for new experiences, not GOW ascension in a compressed stream. (anyone try onlive? not good)

same, all this hype and fuss, but who wants to play old games? i bought a ps4 for new experiences, not GOW ascension in a compressed stream. (anyone try onlive? not good)

This is a great way to increase a gaming library from a single platform. Yeah, for people who had a PS3 from day one and bought / played / completed every exclusive game out there, then maybe next gen future games is the only way to look. But this is a great way to support games from last gen for years to come.

I'll give an example, I've played and enjoyed several PS 1 and 2 games on PS3, some of which I'd already played years ago. Its great to have the option on PS4 to play PS3 games, especially if I ever get rid of our PS3 or it dies.

This will come down to price, I'll be interested to see if there's any PS+ integration, game offers or the odd one appearing free on plus will be attractive. An expensive separate subs service, not so much.

Will be interesting to know how soon it launches in Europe then I can start saving my pennies for a PS4.

I'm more inclined to get vita tv then this after thinking about it. I don't care about old games, but vita tv streaming ps4 content to TVs at my house that don't have a ps4 at them is great.

I'm more inclined to get vita tv then this after thinking about it. I don't care about old games, but vita tv streaming ps4 content to TVs at my house that don't have a ps4 at them is great.
Agree. Tho I'd like to play new Tales games and TLOU and B2S without the price tag so we'll see how much this costs.

tlou needs a bigger screen to fully appreciate it, won't do the game justice on 5". suppose I'm one of those that played everythingworth playing on the ps3 and don't really want to pay again for a reduced experience. hoping this isn't an excusefor Sony to release fewer ps4 titles.
once the hype dies down I don't think it'll be a big earner for Sony, we'll all be too busy playing gta6/7/8 and bf5/6/7 etc to be replaying uncharted 2

I guess that is the risk Sony are taking, is there any value in older generation games? Well, they've done it for PS3 with ps1 & 2 support already, so they have some basis to believe there is a market here. And they didn't stop making PS3 games either, if anything, created brilliant games alongside, so I'd say this won't hamper next gen game development at all, if anything boost it if money from old games can be reinvested in new developments.

Games released in Dec 2013 and beyond aren't "old" games in my part of the world.

Games released in Dec 2013 and beyond aren't "old" games in my part of the world.
Whereabouts you located? In the States everything is old... even if it is released by January 30th, 20FOURTEEN!

"Like Oh My Gawd!!! She's totally wearing this season's Jimmy Chu's... she's SO not ma girlfriend anymore. This sisterhood is less 1 vagabond... no girls... keep walking, like don't make eye contact kay?!!!"

"Hey guys!"

"Shut up tramp! Go hang out with your kin... that homeless man over thar!! Like you know, the one digging his Nike's out of the dumpster!"

(Should I have used Saucony's so you guys can relate? lol)

lol... will have to take a looksie laters.

Perhaps PSN+ subscribers will be able to play certain games for free on PlayStation Now as part of their subscription?

Perhaps PSN+ subscribers will be able to play certain games for free on PlayStation Now as part of their subscription?
Yeah I have a feeling 1 or 2 games may be playable each month via plus, or perhaps they may just give plus users the option of playing the plus games for that month via PSNow instead of having to download them.

Yeah I have a feeling 1 or 2 games may be playable each month via plus, or perhaps they may just give plus users the option of playing the plus games for that month via PSNow instead of having to download them.

It would also be cheaper for them to give us access to more old games, particular their own, and less new games from other companies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom