Playstation network downloads

millzy

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE,MY PS3 HAS ALWAYS DOWNLOADED PSN STUFF QUITE QUICKLY BUT NOW AN AVERAGE SIZE GAME DEMO WILL BE ON 1 OR 2% AFTER HALF AN HOUR OR SO.I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING ON MY ROUTER OR PS3 SO AM AT A LOSS TO EXPLAIN,ANY IDEAS?:confused:

When you type on the internet in capital letters it uses more bandwidth than normal letters as they are bigger, this is probably whats slowing down your game demos.

Other than that it could well be your ISP or have you got any torrents downloading or anything else?

Hi,nothing else is downloading while i try and sorry to be dim but not sure what you mean by torrents! My ISP is talktalk and i have had issues with them but my laptop seems fine.

Hi,nothing else is downloading while i try and sorry to be dim but not sure what you mean by torrents! My ISP is talktalk and i have had issues with them but my laptop seems fine.

If you dont know what torrents are then that wont be a problem :)
When you notice your PS3 downloads being slow try downloading a file on your laptop to see if it's also slow on there, my bet is that it will be.
Is your PS3 connected to your router wirelessly or by a cable?
My guess is that TalkTalk is the problem.

The ps3 has wireless connection and i agree it is probably talktalk,i'll give them a call and hope they can sort it! :smashin:

When you type on the internet in capital letters it uses more bandwidth than normal letters as they are bigger, this is probably whats slowing down your game demos.
<chuckle> - Sorry, couldn't resist!

What kind of download speeds do you get on your laptop? Have you done a speed test on both?
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom