• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PlayStation Network connection

G

ggp159

I just wanted to ask people who have an American or a Japanese PS3 if they have any trouble connecting to PlayStation Network with your console being from one region and used in another. I want to get a PS3 as well but living in Europe(Cyprus) was just wondering if there are any problems. Also I would like to know how u guys signed up for the service country selection and all that stuff. Greatly appreciated. Thanks

bbdivo

Established Member
There are a fair few people on here with a PS3 now. It's likely not many have tried what you are asking about. I have a US PS3 and I have been able to connect to the Hong Kong Network, I am currently downloading Ridge Racer as its not available from the US network.

G

ggp159

There are a fair few people on here with a PS3 now. It's likely not many have tried what you are asking about. I have a US PS3 and I have been able to connect to the Hong Kong Network, I am currently downloading Ridge Racer as its not available from the US network.

Thanks for the quick reply. I though it was one of the first things that people did when they get the console, get online if not for the updates only. Did you connect to the Hong Kong network because you set it as your country?

bbdivo

Established Member
Yeah you can set the country, it only has a few countries, the list will get bigger once more countries come online. You don't actually have to connect to the network to get the updates. You can download them to a usb stick on your pc and update it from there. Thats what I did before I even joined the PS network.

G

ggp159

Yeah you can set the country, it only has a few countries, the list will get bigger once more countries come online. You don't actually have to connect to the network to get the updates. You can download them to a usb stick on your pc and update it from there. Thats what I did before I even joined the PS network.

So if I set my country to US i am going to have to find a valid US address,zip code and credit card? Can you please walk me through the setup process for the PSN? Thanks

bbdivo

Established Member
You don't need to set up billing details (Credit Cards details), the rest is actually really straight forward, asks you all the usual things, email address, password (which has quite strict settings!), Challenge question and answer (incase you forget your password) as far as a US address is concerned I beleive theres quite a lot of people from avforums who are immigrating to california specifically Beverly Hills in the 90210 Zip Code area!

Edit:- What you can then do is add another user onto the ps3 and then register them in a different country, when you do that you automaticall go to that countrys playstation store when you're logged in as that person.

If you're familiar with the 360 and how to access the different countries marketplaces then its the same principle with the Playstation Network

T

TLT

You dont have to fill out the billing information at all.

That is up to you to do so and if you ever want to buy anything in the future then just put in your info then.

I have a Jpn Ps3 and I play online with no problems.

Have fun with it and dont worry it all works out OK

:hiya:

G

ggp159

Thanks for the replies guys you have cleared up everything i was confused about. really appreciated it.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom