PlayStation Move Priced = Expensive

Nuggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
*Taken from PlayStation Blog:

As we previously announced at GDC, PlayStation Move will be available at retailers in a variety of options starting September 15, 2010:

PlayStation Move motion controller – Available as a standalone for 39.99 euros (MSRP)
PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye and starter disc – 59.99 euros
Additionally, the PlayStation Move navigation controller and PlayStation Eye camera will be available for 29.99 euros each.

There should be a bundle that includes the navigation controller, cos otherwise it's like owning a Wii without a Nunchuk. £75 for one player (with both parts of the controller) isn't that bad I suppose, but £135 for 2 players is hardly gonna bring in the casuals, considering you can buy a whole Wii console with Wii Motion Plus, Nunchuk and Wii Sports Resort for a fiver less.

Its far too expensive to have a punt, and means people like me who still need convincing wont be bothering. I know they have to make a profit, I guess with time it will drop.

I think I'll try the Move/DS3 option first to see if it works as I think it might be OK if your sitting down with the DS3 resting on your lap. I only have a mild interest in trying the move for TPS/FPS anyhow and have no intention of jumping around like a looney. :D

I don't know much about Move but for casual games will they actually need to buy the additional navigation controller for most of the games?

If they don't really need it then £50 for controller and motion camera doesn't seem that bad.

It may seem expensive but I'll get it cheaper than whats advertised.

You have to take advantage of the tinernet, there are always 10-20% discount codes that pop up every now and then. Also no doubt it will get a lot cheaper during xmas period.

Although I'm quite stunned why they didn't do a Motion controller and navagational controller bundle?

I already have the eye toy camera? :(

so for a 4 player co-op game you might need 4x motion 4x nav and a PS Eye? Already having a Wii makes this a no go for me.

It will take a really solid hardcore game to even get me to buy one nav & motion bearing in mind I would need the eye aswell that could be a £130 Game!!!!

so for a 4 player co-op game you might need 4x motion 4x nav and a PS Eye? Already having a Wii makes this a no go for me.

It will take a really solid hardcore game to even get me to buy one nav & motion bearing in mind I would need the eye aswell that could be a £130 Game!!!!

i think for one person you could do it for £80 online, buy the bundle pack for £50 and the sub controller for around £30.

i didnt like the look of socom 4 because the crosshair wasnt fixed, but hopefully it'll work well with killzone 3.

Do we have release dates for the games. A lot of Move games seemed to be slated for 2011. Which ones are launch games?

Also, the price of KINECT will be revealed in August apparently. Move will be cheaper than KINECT, so Sony will have a month or so to highlight Move as a value proposition.

I already have the playstation webcam so what else will i need to buy? is it just the motion controller, navigation controller, and sub controller or something else? thanks.

Do we have release dates for the games. A lot of Move games seemed to be slated for 2011. Which ones are launch games?
Sony Computer Entertainment

• Beat Sketcher (Fall 2010)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Fall 2010)
  • EyePet (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Rider (Sept. 2010)
  • Sports Champions (Sept. 2010)
  • Start The Party! (Sept. 2010)
  • echochrome ii (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • Hustle Kings (Oct. 2010)
  • The Fight: Lights Out (Oct. 2010)
  • The Shoot (Oct. 2010)
  • TV Superstars (Oct. 2010)
  • High Velocity Bowling (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Heavy Rain (Oct. 2010)
  • SingStar Dance (Nov. 2010)
  • Little Big Planet 2 (Nov. 2010)
  • Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
  • Killzone 3 (Feb. 2011)
  • Heroes on the Move (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)
Everyone Else

• John Daly's ProStroke Golf (OG International) (Fall 2010)
  • Racquet Sports (Ubisoft) (Fall 2010)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (WB Games Inc.) (Sept. 2010)
  • Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave) (Sept. 2010)
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Capcom) (Sept. 2010)
  • RUSE (Ubisoft) (Sept. 2010)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (Electronic Arts) (Sept. 2010)
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco) (Sept. 2010)
  • Toy Story 3 (Disney) (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Live (Virtual Air Guitar Company) (Oct. 2010)
  • NBA 2K 11 (2K Sports) (Oct. 2010)
  • Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave) (Nov. 2010)
  • Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney) (Nov. 2010)

Doesn't actually confirm which will be launch titles but the fall 2010 one should be close.

I'm interested in the Red ones personally.

Last edited:
I already have the playstation webcam so what else will i need to buy? is it just the motion controller, navigation controller, and sub controller or something else? thanks.
Navigation controller & Sub are the same thing.

You'll NEED the Move controller & Eye (which you have).

Navigation sub controller is an optional extra as you can use the DS3 but I expect that will be uncomfortable to use so most will end up getting the extra one anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :smashin:

I will be keeping an eye for another Sony Style "mis-price" on this before I take the plunge. You can beat if its a slow first 3 months something will happen to the price.

Its far too expensive to have a punt, and means people like me who still need convincing wont be bothering. I know they have to make a profit, I guess with time it will drop.

+1

I'm not interested in motion control, I was going to wait to hear what gamers think of it, and maybe try it out if friends have it or if I see a demo.

But for what they're charging I think that's a total rip-off - it just makes it more certain for me that I won't be getting on the Move bus.

Last edited:
It looks like the Starter Disc software (can) only come with the Starter Pack and not the individual controller due to the packaging - is this right?

Thx, Rich

Anyone know what's on the starter disc?

Taken from ps blog... (including a “starter disc” with a range of demos for games releasing later in the year)

:thumbsup:

Rich

Certain games look like they require 2 of the motion controllers, so you might want to add that to the list.

It looks like the Starter Disc software (can) only come with the Starter Pack and not the individual controller due to the packaging - is this right?

Thx, Rich

Doubt it. Demo's sell games.

Might be a code in the box to download the demos?

Yeah maybe you are right. It certainly cant come with the packaging as is for the individual items.

It may seem expensive but I'll get it cheaper than whats advertised.

You have to take advantage of the tinernet, there are always 10-20% discount codes that pop up every now and then. Also no doubt it will get a lot cheaper during xmas period.

Although I'm quite stunned why they didn't do a Motion controller and navagational controller bundle?

I already have the eye toy camera? :(

That seemed a bit weird to me as well, you'd think they would do a pack with the motion control and navigation control for us who have a camera. And for a sensible price as well!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom