PlayStation Classic Mini

"It’ll be out on December 3 in the US and Canada, and includes games like Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. There’ll be 20 bundled titles in total, but those five are the only ones announced at the moment."

Just seen the email about it.

I’m definitely interested, will be another console mini sat under the telly, but still gotta have one :D

Looks interesting but I wonder how much I would actually use it.

I need to see more of the games that will be on it, and maybe some more technical detail

Just saw this by chance on twitter

Decided to ore-order in Amazon and will decide at later date if still want it depending on the games
Most likely will though as I’ve also got the NES/SNES classic’s

Just saw this by chance on twitter

Decided to ore-order in Amazon and will decide at later date if still want it depending on the games
Most likely will though as I’ve also got the NES/SNES classic’s

Got a link for it on Amazon?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Pre ordered, however, would be nice to be able to play the original disc's. Seems a big waste having perfectly serviceable software but no hardware to use them.
Retro gaming is massive.

Ordered, this will be a brilliant Xmas present for my 15 and 12 year old nephews (despite it probably being used in my guest bedroom obviously)

Thanks for the heads up

£89.99 with 20 games. Very tempted mainly to see if it gets hacked and more games can be side loaded!
I think the main obstacle will be how much free memory there will be.
Will most likely be 16GB onboard memory for the 20 installed games. Doesn't really leave much left over for installing extra games.

I think the main obstacle will be how much free memory there will be.
Will most likely be 16GB onboard memory for the 20 installed games. Doesn't really leave much left over for installing extra games.
I bet someone will be able to find a way around it via larger storage device etc; I wait patiently to see what they use and if it will be soldered on etc or removable/replaceable.

not for me this if i wanted to play the games i would just play them on ps3 as i still have that hooked up

It's supposed to not come with a power adapter in the box, what's that all about ? ...that won't go down well for parents buying them for Xmas presents for there kids and they can't use the damn thing... bizarre ?

It's supposed to not come with a power adapter in the box, what's that all about ? ...that won't go down well for parents buying them for Xmas presents for there kids and they can't use the damn thing... bizarre ?

NES and SNES didn’t either. Just plug it into a USB port on your tv with the supplied USB cable.

Same as the snes tho, just usb so only have to grab one of the spare dozen cables most of us have lying around and plug it into the telly.
I didn't even unwrap the usb in box for the snes just grabbed the nearest spare cable lol

I can’t be the only person with lots of suitable 5v 1amp USB phone chargers lying around at home?

Cheers guys didn't know it just ran off one of them, thought it was a proper ac power brick but as only low voltage that's simple then

I’ll wait and see what other games other available, seems to be just Japanese developed stuff so far.

If it doesn’t have Formula 1, Colin McRae Rally, World Cup 98 or WWF Smackdown I’m not gonna bother.

Would be great if was network enabled with some kind online store (with reasonable prices).

I’ll wait and see what other games other available, seems to be just Japanese developed stuff so far.

If it doesn’t have Formula 1, Colin McRae Rally, World Cup 98 or WWF Smackdown I’m not gonna bother.

Would be great if was network enabled with some kind online store (with reasonable prices).
Looking at pics there is no network port, hoping for WiFi then but I doubt it, does the SNES mini etc have network access ?

the functionality your describing is already available with a ps3. plays p1 games with ps1 games on the store

Looking at pics there is no network port, hoping for WiFi then but I doubt it, does the SNES mini etc have network access ?

No network access on the mini SNES or nes but with those consoles (well actually any Nintendo console) many of the best games were developed by Nintendo themselves so are built into consoles.

Ps1’s best games came from all over the place so would be nice so have ability so add games if built in selection isn’t up to scratch.

Last edited:
the functionality your describing is already available with a ps3. plays p1 games with ps1 games on the store

My ps3 is long gone now and don’t really want to go back..........

........ until mini ps3 comes out

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom