Playstation 5 - FIFA 22 Brightness issue

AntonioRoberto1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently got FIFA 22 for the Playstation 5, while playing the brightness adjusts itself lite crazy! I have a new LG A1 OLED. When watching gameplay videos on YouTube on my LG and also my Samsung ks9000, the same problem there. Brightness adjusts itself, don't know if this is from my TV or some bug? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Do you have the logo dimming setting on by any chance?

This feature helps prevent potential screen burn by dimming the areas of the screen where there are static logos, or in the case of FIFA, static HUD and text for prolonged periods of time. This works fine on the Low setting on my B9, although you can see the area around the text or HUD darken and it can takes several seconds for it to clear when the scene changes. However, on High this can cause the entire screen to dim.

If it isn't that then it may be the panel's automatic brightness limiter that is kicking in, although this usually only happens if the scene remains mostly static for more than a few minutes in my experience, such as in a movie where there may be characters talking and the camera angle doesn't change. I've only seen this once though in the two years I've owned my B9.

Also, make sure you aren't using the Eco Picture mode and have Energy Saving turned off as these can cause the brightness to change noticeably depending on the ambient light the TV detects.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom