PlayStation 4 (PS4) Pre-order Thread *Part 2*

Worth keeping a keen eye on Amazon too as their bundle packs have been appearing nearly daily. The 11th was a day that they were advertising as having more stock in. I know the pain of a courier 'losing' a console as I had my launch day 360 'disappear' then Woolworths send a replacement with the same courier who then 'lost' that one too.

Last edited:
Just received another email from Amazon saying due to some misunderstanding and human error which had led to the 'lost' of item. They now said they cant fulfil the replacement as they cant source it, even from third party sellers.

I am fuming and they have started the process to refund the amount to my credit card.

I cant believe it, i have pre-ordered fully trusting they will fulfil their promise to deliver before christmas.

Now, they bloody fxxcked up or some idiot 'lost' it during transit. Apparently, Amazon confirmed they have actually dispatched it to carrier.

Dont know what do....any stocks out there?

PS4 mega pack:FIFA 14, KZ, extra controller and camera.

PIxxed off!

Someone probably stole it; annoying though it is, it’s hard to blame Amazon as once it ships out they’re at the mercy of the courier too. Pretty sure the mega pack is sold out until next year, but you can probably grab a KZ bundle from somewhere - what they should do is offer you all the items separately for the bundle price, if it means getting you the replacement sooner.

Has anyone seen the official DS charging docks in stock anywhere?

Got excited then but alas not!

None at Game found some in stock at grainger games

Waiting on my mega pack from Amazon. Was due for tomorrow, but just checked and there's been a problem with the courier and is now simply classed as 'delayed'.

One guess who the courier is.

Hope its nothing serious.

Initial and subsequent comments regarding profiteering deleted. No matter what people may think, profiteering is not illegal or against the rules - although I would agree that it's certainly frowned upon especially in a thread where people are struggling to find stock..

No more on the subject please.

Yes chalky I did consider that but most likely I wont be able to make use of that. As on December 13 I have an induction day at tesco 10am-4pm..

Yes chalky I did consider that but most likely I wont be able to make use of that. As on December 13 I have an induction day at tesco 10am-4pm..
Could always ask if they have stock on your induction :)

I could try reserve you one on the 13th if there is any, where is your nearest Argos?

Apologies if this is a dumb question. Not used my PS4 yet and its now been put away for xmas. But seen a few people mention the charging dock for the controllers.

Do you NEED one? Is it something Im gonna have to go buy before xmas comes around so I can use it on the day.

Or is there another way to charge them, through the console maybe? If yes, does the console need to be on, or can it just have power going to it when turned off.

Apologies if this is a dumb question. Not used my PS4 yet and its now been put away for xmas. But seen a few people mention the charging dock for the controllers.

Do you NEED one? Is it something Im gonna have to go buy before xmas comes around so I can use it on the day.

Or is there another way to charge them, through the console maybe? If yes, does the console need to be on, or can it just have power going to it when turned off.

you get a cable in the box you can charge a controller with, i believe the advantage of the dock is charging multiple controllers at once and it allows you to charge controllers without knocking the ps4 on.

you get a cable in the box you can charge a controller with, i believe the advantage of the dock is charging multiple controllers at once and it allows you to charge controllers without knocking the ps4 on.

Thanks, so I presume the PS4 actually has to be turned on (wasting electricity) just to charge my controller?

I pre-ordered a console only from Zavvi (expected delivery in the New Year) and was in no rush, especially as it was 10% off. The more I've looked into things though, the more I've wanted one sooner rather than later!
I stopped by my local Sainsburys on the way home to pick a couple of things up and was really surprised to see a couple of PS4 boxes in the games section. Thought they were just display boxes, but luckily not, so picked one up and BF4 for £39.99 with £10 off any game bought with a console.

There was none in there earlier this week, so it may be worth checking your local store if you're interested.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom