• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Playstation 3 Fat

johnbower

Took my old PS3 Fat apart to dust out and got right down to where the thermal paste had been on the motherboard chips.

Then looked on-line and lots of videos about replacing the thermal paste.

Now I have exposed the part where the thermal paste was am I ok just using the PS3 or would I be better off replacing the thermal paste by the methods they suggest.

Isopropyl alcohol rub down then pea shaped thermal paste on each chip then put back together?

Last edited:

johnbower

The paste was all dried up and useless. Can see why people are replacing it.

By the way after you apply the paste should you use the PS3 straight away or wait a day then use??

Never applied thermal paste before and the videos just end after they have applied and never say what to do next?

chris1976

Can I ask what the purpose of Doing This is?
Must admit My sons pro sounds like It’s going to take Off constantly,

Last edited:

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Can I ask what the purpose of Doing This is?
Must admit My sons pro sounds like It’s going to take Off constantly,
Cleaning the inside and replacing the thermal paste generally solves a lot of the noise issues, especially on the Pro which seems to have more problems than the standard.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom