Playstation 3 Eye Camera - eBay

musti

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing one of the above for the impending release of LBP :clap:

I was wondering if anyone has experienced these "From Hong Kong" sellers on eBay, it appears genuine and i'd like to use eBay as i have a voucher to use? Any thoughts thoughts, are they generally safe? whats the delivery like?

Thanks all!

I've had mixed experiences with eBay, but never good when it comes to electronics. I dont see why a seller from hong kong should be worse than our fellow brits but i'd always make sure they have good feedback and preferrably a power seller. The way I see it is if it arrives and works then its a bonus, just dont pay too much for it.

I've just had a Qnap NAS drive shipped from Hong Kong via Ebay and all was fine for me :)

As long as you check the users feedback you should be fine? :rolleyes:

I dont know about the PS3 Eye, but theres a lot of electrical stuff from Hong Kong on ebay that's fake, and ebay does nothing to stop the sales. Usually memory cards, but there have been Asus motherboards and SM58 microphones. Im not sure Id go for it, and if its really cheap, its more likely its a fake. Theyr usually pretty good copies, but their weaknesses only become apparent after several months use.

Anyone have an idea whether the older PS2 camera will work with this?

I tried it with Singstar and it works fine. Didnt want to shell out for another if not needed.

Out of interest is the new PS3 one any better than the older PS2 one?

Thanks

I think its higher resolution, better frame rate and has a built in mic for online gaming... not sure how good the mic will be though compared to a headset....

From my experience, the built in mic is shocking!

I've personally opted for a separate bluetooth headset, & I turn off the mic on the camera due to feedback issues.

I'd recommend the above, although some people may disagree if they've had alternative experiences.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I bought my white Dual Shock 3 from HK waaaaaaaaaaay before they were released in the UK.

I bought it via an Ebay seller, & I had no problems what so ever - Delivery was surprisingly quick!

Dualshock from HK, no probs, I also got one in Feb and it's fantastic. Only £27 too.

PS3 Eye, be careful on Ebay, I was looking for one and they all seem to cost about £29 once postage added etc. You can get them new from Play for £24.99 which is what I've now done, got fed up trying to win one for the magic £20 mark! :D

PS2 Eye works fine on LBP, I borrowed one and used it to create some stickers for my levels.

I've been using the PSEye as charging the BT headset everyday was a pain in the butt....have had clear chats on warhawk (no-one seems to chat on other games) and mine sits atop the gogglebox ....I hope they start bringing some good games out for it soon ( I know topaq etc...but I want games like the ones available for PS2...where the whole family can get involved headbutting ninja monkeys etc :rotfl: )

From my experience, the built in mic is shocking!

I've personally opted for a separate bluetooth headset, & I turn off the mic on the camera due to feedback issues.

I don't think it's the mic that is the prob but the fact that everyone else comes thru the tv speakers so it kinda gets drowned out from game music/noise.

I do the same tho, disable PSEye mic and use a BT headset.

I'm happy with My PS2 EyeToy camera, works fine on PS3. I use a bluetooth headset with it.
The only real advantages of me switching to the Eye are:

• Higher resolution and frame rate (Which I don't care about :D)
  • Built-in mic (which is apparently useless)
  • The bundled video-editing software, EyeCreate (which I don't need because I do all of my editing on the computer)
So, all in all, those are the three main reasons for using an Eye over your EyeToy. If you have an EyeToy, just use it like I am instead of upgrading! :thumbsup:

A little off topic but does anyone know whether or not third party web cam's work on the PS3?

A little off topic but does anyone know whether or not third party web cam's work on the PS3?

I'd be interested to know this too......plenty of cheap Logitech's out there which have better res than the PS3 one :).

Don't quote me but i think the PS2 eyetoy is the only other camera that will work on the PS3.

The Xbox 360 camera works on the PS3, so maybe any Microsoft compatible camera will work?

There's no harm in trying I suppose.

I'll try my work's Logitech web cam tonight, & I shall let you know my findings.

ebay is anice medium for online shopping.. sometimes its great sumtimes just okay.. anyway about purchasing a camera one time, the seller said im going to get the product in 3 days and i got it on time.. the camera was okay but there were no instructi0ns but it wasnt a big problem since there was some contact details on the seller..[ unnecessary contact details removed ] i emailed him and he replied everytime i asked him sime questions about how to's

ebay is anice medium for online shopping.. sometimes its great sumtimes just okay.. anyway about purchasing a camera one time, the seller said im going to get the product in 3 days and i got it on time.. the camera was okay but there were no instructi0ns but it wasnt a big problem since there was some contact details on the seller..[ unnecessary contact details removed ] i emailed him and he replied everytime i asked him sime questions about how to's

And the point to your post was/is?!!?

That was too confusing to read - Hurt my head more than the missus does when she paps on @ me for 'bumming' my PS3 :rolleyes:

And the point to your post was/is?!!?

It's just an opinion on Ebay. I generally find it to be okay. Just be careful and check the seller's feedback.

RDB :)

The way he worded his comments was a little hard to follow :rolleyes:

I know what you mean lol. Still, everyone's opinion is valid and English may not be his/her first language.

RDB :)

I know this is an old thread but since it has been dragged back I'll correct the wrong statements in it.

The PS2 cam does have a mic built into it.

So there :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom