playstation 3 error code 80010514

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by paul777, Feb 18, 2013.

1. paul777

paul777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have folowed this PS3 Error 80010514 Explained*|*PS3Blog.co.za and it did not solve it so I done a full format and restore still got the same problem i take it I will need a new PS3 Hard drive will I ? And if so does anyone know a good illustration with pictures of how to install it ?
    p.s
    The games load sometimes alright and other times I have to try several times. Also can someone please tell me why I am seeing Sony PlayStation 3 Slim Console with only 12GB of storage

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  2. Inspecta gadget

Inspecta gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    That link says the error is down to firmware? Whenever I get an error, 99% seems to be down to network..

12gb is an entry level ps3 for those just wanting to play games and nothing else.
    Bit like the arcade version of the 360

3. paul777

paul777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Do you mean the PSN or my own wireless Network it is connected to? Also I don't understand the 12GB just for playing games surely the game saves will eat that up in no time. Sorry for not knowing a lot about game consoles and thank you for you're patients.

4. Inspecta gadget

Inspecta gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The psn network but the ps3's wireless really is a load of s**t so I ended up buying home plugs for mine but I don't see why that would affect a game starting up.

I don't know much either to be honest that's why I'm here. Sony do actually sell a hard drive caddy for the super slim so they must have known it wouldn't last long, I'm surprised they don't sell their own hard drive

I'm sure someone will come up with a more helpful answer. Try searching otherwise as its probably been answered before

5. paul777

paul777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think it has something to do with the PS3 Firmware according to the dates when these were posted PS3 error 80010514 - PlayStation Forum as mine used to work fine but I thought it was the saved data or something to that affect, giving that I was always wireless it has to be the Firmware.