Playstation 2 Silver

P

PhilipVass

What a rip-off, they only sprayed it silver and slightly modified the DVD functions and they have charged about 30 pounds extra.

AND we are getting a PS3 in the next year or two :eek:

There was no need for this upgrade with could have been done to existing black ones at a Sony Centre.

Yet more ways of Sony trying to fiddle money out of pre and existing PS2 buyers.

What Sony have done is upgraded DVD player internals and a built in IR port for the DVD remote control, lower noise operation and yes 2 matching silver Dual Shock controllers as you said.

The silver one has prog scan and a new drive which will read dvdr\rw-\rw+ so for the extra £10 you get a second dual shock and a machine that will not die after 18 months due to a defective lens like so many other ps2 units I see everyday

Oh and you can get the same machine in black with one pad for £139.99 inc. a free game from any retailer which is the srp for the standard old machine

well doesn't matter if it would die in 18 months as ps3 should be out by then :)

Originally posted by JamesOD
and a machine that will not die after 18 months due to a defective lens like so many other ps2 units I see everyday

Now Now, i got mine in October 2002, will mine die next month! :rolleyes:

If so, then i will never buy another Sony product again!

Whats the problem?

If you dont like it, dont buy it. Problem solved, simple really ;).

If the prog scan has NTSC and turns out to be decent quality I might get a silver one myself. Especialy since they can now be modded.

Lower noise operation is an understatement. It is silent - unlike the old black one which is louder than an industrial vacuum cleaner.

So we will have a few million nackerd PS2's, when the PS2 came out allot of us had working PS1's now if the PS3 comes out and our current PS2's do not work then who the hell would buy one.

The black one also has the 'new' features - quieter fan, built in IR receiver, reads more types of DVD +-RW.

Not sure about the PS.

But its the same as the silver one. The only difference is that the silver one has an extra controller, is silver, and costs £10 more.

Originally posted by JamesOD
The silver one has prog scan and a new drive which will read dvdr\rw-\rw+ so for the extra £10 you get a second dual shock and a machine that will not die after 18 months due to a defective lens like so many other ps2 units I see everyday

Oh and you can get the same machine in black with one pad for £139.99 inc. a free game from any retailer which is the srp for the standard old machine

how do you know the new silver PS2 won't die in 18months if you haven't had it that long ;)

also i dont see the point it in being able to read dvd r/rw-/rw+ discs since that would imply backups and the PS2 won't read backups unless its chipped :confused:

they have added the dvd-r cabability so you can play back pre recorded dvds of family videos, off air recordings etc.

What a strange thread, thats like saying car manufactures are taking the **** because the charge more for metallic paint on their cars.
Maybe I should have saved the £465 I spent on the sliver paint and bought my car in white which was a no cost option ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom